Aker Inks Subsea Supply Agreement with Shell Malaysia
Aker Solutions has been awarded a five-year supply agreement from Sarawak Shell Berhad (SSB) for supply of subsea production systems equipment and services.
SSB has several existing platforms offshore Sarawak, Malaysia, as PSC operator to Petronas and with partners Petronas carigali and Nippon Oil Exploration (M) Ltd, where new subsea wells will be tied back to. The wells are found in water depths down to 200 meters.
"This supply agreement is a significant milestone for us as it is our first collaboration with Shell in this country. It is also an important recognition from one of the world's major oil and gas companies to our Malaysian operation and unique subsea manufacturing center," said president of Aker Solutions in Malaysia, Egil Martinussen. "The potential in the Sarawak area is big, and we look forward to working with SSB to develop it further over the coming years."
The scope of work for the five-year supply agreement includes design, manufacturing, testing, installation, commissioning, follow-on support and maintenance of wellheads, subsea trees, subsea control systems, flow bases and tie-in equipment.
Manufacturing and testing of all equipment will take place at Aker Solutions' hi-tech subsea manufacturing centre in the Port Klang Free Zone, Malaysia.
Contract party is Aker Solutions Malaysia Sdn. Bhd.
- Shell Exec Says Canada Pipeline Debacle Won't Affect LNG Decision (Sep 24)
- Silvertip Subsea Contract Goes to McDermott (Aug 07)
- Canada Crude Differential Seen Staying High As Refiners Take Downtime (Aug 03)
Company: PETRONAS more info
- Petronas-Saudi RAPID Refinery To Receive First Oil Cargo By End-Sept (Sep 13)
- Petronas Eyes South Sudan Oil Blocks (Sep 11)
- Sources: Aramco Plans To Ship First Crude Oil To Malaysia JV Refinery (Sep 04)
Company: Nippon Oil Exploration more info
- Canadian Oil Sands Halts Syncrude Production After Fire, Prices Spike (Aug 31)
- Tap Updates Zola-1 Drilling in Carnarvon Basin (Dec 22)
- Iraq-Nippon Talks on Nassiriya Oil Field Deadlocked (Mar 01)
Company: Aker Solutions more info
- More Layoffs on the Way for Aker Solutions (Aug 23)
- Aker Solutions Opens Upgraded Aberdeen Site (Apr 27)
- Aker BP Buys Hess' Norway Unit For $2B (Oct 24)