Aker Inks Subsea Supply Agreement with Shell Malaysia
Aker Solutions has been awarded a five-year supply agreement from Sarawak Shell Berhad (SSB) for supply of subsea production systems equipment and services.
SSB has several existing platforms offshore Sarawak, Malaysia, as PSC operator to Petronas and with partners Petronas carigali and Nippon Oil Exploration (M) Ltd, where new subsea wells will be tied back to. The wells are found in water depths down to 200 meters.
"This supply agreement is a significant milestone for us as it is our first collaboration with Shell in this country. It is also an important recognition from one of the world's major oil and gas companies to our Malaysian operation and unique subsea manufacturing center," said president of Aker Solutions in Malaysia, Egil Martinussen. "The potential in the Sarawak area is big, and we look forward to working with SSB to develop it further over the coming years."
The scope of work for the five-year supply agreement includes design, manufacturing, testing, installation, commissioning, follow-on support and maintenance of wellheads, subsea trees, subsea control systems, flow bases and tie-in equipment.
Manufacturing and testing of all equipment will take place at Aker Solutions' hi-tech subsea manufacturing centre in the Port Klang Free Zone, Malaysia.
Contract party is Aker Solutions Malaysia Sdn. Bhd.
Operates 27 Offshore Rigs
- Shell Looks Beyond Road Fuels to Secure Future of Refining (Nov 06)
- API Panel Member: Voluntary Methane Program Forthcoming (Oct 06)
- Eni Bets Big on Zohr Explorer Finding New Treasure (Oct 06)
Company: PETRONAS more info
Operates 12 Offshore Rigs
- After Europe's Gas Market Disasters, LNG May Come to the Rescue (Dec 12)
- Petronas Unit Agrees Share Swap With Shell's Africa Operator (Dec 05)
- Malaysia's Petronas Asked To Exit Myanmar In Protest Of Rohingya Crisis (Nov 08)
Company: Nippon Oil Exploration more info
- Canadian Oil Sands Halts Syncrude Production After Fire, Prices Spike (Aug 31)
- Tap Updates Zola-1 Drilling in Carnarvon Basin (Dec 22)
- Iraq-Nippon Talks on Nassiriya Oil Field Deadlocked (Mar 01)
Company: Aker Solutions more info
- Aker BP Buys Hess' Norway Unit For $2B (Oct 24)
- Aker Completes More Than Two-Thirds of Cost-Cutting Program (May 09)
- Aker Solutions Reduces Total Headcount by Almost 5,000 Since 2014 (Mar 30)