Ascent Kicks Off 3D Seismic in Hungarian Nyirseg Permits
Ascent has commenced the shooting of a 3D seismic survey in the Peneszlek area of the Nyirseg permits in Hungary.
The survey, covering 100 square kilometers of the license area, is being conducted by Ascent's Hungarian associate, PetroHungaria kft. The acquisition of further data from Peneszlek follows the commencement of gas production from the PEN-104 well in August 2008 and is intended to delineate other gas reserves in the vicinity. Two wells in the survey area, PEN-9 and PEN-12 have previously tested gas but to date, have not been put into production. The partially depleted Penészlek field also is within the survey area.
Ascent holds a 45.23% interest in the Peneszlek Project through its equity interest in PetroHungaria kft. Other partners are DualEx (37.5%), Geomega (8%), Leni Gas & Oil (7.27%) and Swede Resources (2%).
Ascent Managing Director Jeremy Eng said, "This is a positive step forward in the continued development of our Hungarian assets. Following the success of the PEN-104 well, currently producing 108,000 cu. M per day (3.8 MMscfd), we expect that the data acquired from this survey will point us towards new drilling opportunities and allow us to bring further cash generative wells on line in the area."
- Ascent Resources Appoints Interim CEO (Sep 11)
- Ascent Resources Appoints New CFO (Aug 03)
- Brazil's Odebrecht, Braskem to Operate US Petrochemical Project (Apr 10)
Company: Leni Gas & Oil plc more info
- Leni Sees Goudron Well Flow at 700 Barrels per Day (Sep 17)
- Leni Drills 5th Well in Trinidad Development Campaign (Aug 21)
- Leni Appoints New Finance Director (Aug 07)
Company: DualEx Energy International Inc. more info
- DualEx Considers Repair Options for Hungary Well (Mar 15)
- Ascent Resources Tests Positive Gas at GH-1 in Hungary (Sep 17)
- Drilling Kicks Off at Gorbehaza-1 Onshore Hungary (Aug 18)
Company: PetroHungaria kft more info
- PetroHungaria Begins Sidetrack of Hungary Well (Mar 21)
- Ascent Brings Hungarian Gas Well Online (Mar 23)
- PetroHungaria Spuds New Peneszlek Well in Hungary (Feb 09)