PTTEP Wins Exploration Blocks in Thai Licensing Round
PTTEP has been awarded three blocks in the 18th Petroleum Concession Bidding Round. The company has been awarded interests in two blocks, L22/43, and G4/43 and operatorship of Block G9/43. PTTEP wishes to announce that the cabinet has approved the above-mentioned proposals, detailed as follows:
- Concession Block L22/43, an oil prone area of 3,632 square kilometers adjacent to S1 project covering areas of Pitsanulok and Pichit provinces: PTTEP will hold 35% participation interest and Thai Shell Co. Ltd. will be the operator.
- Concession Block G4/43, an oil and gas prone area of 9,686 square kilometers located in the Gulf of Thailand off the coast of Prachuab Khirikhan province: PTTEP will hold 15% participation interest and Chevron Offshore (Thailand) Ltd. will be the operator.
In addition, PTTEP has been awarded the whole of concession Block G9/43, a gas and condensate prone area in the overlapping area between Thailand and Cambodia in the Gulf of Thailand. The area covers 2,619 square kilometers and is located off the coast of Surat Thani province. The Company will not be able to operate in this area until an agreement is reached between the two countries.
Operates 27 Offshore Rigs
- Shell Looks Beyond Road Fuels to Secure Future of Refining (Nov 06)
- API Panel Member: Voluntary Methane Program Forthcoming (Oct 06)
- Eni Bets Big on Zohr Explorer Finding New Treasure (Oct 06)
Company: Chevron Corporation more info
- ExxonMobil Jumping in to Mexico Fuel Market With First US Cargo (Dec 06)
- Chevron To Study Mexican Oil Block, No Drilling Seen In First 4 Years (Nov 30)
- Buying Texas Oil at New Mexico Prices: Majors Go West for Shale (Nov 14)
Company: PTTEP more info
Operates 3 Offshore Rigs
- Ecuador to Offer Oil Blocks Under New Bidding Terms in Jan (Oct 06)
- ExxonMobil Says Will Drop Discussions Over Indonesia's East Natuna (Jul 18)
- Hydrocarbons Encountered at Te Giac Trang Field Offshore Vietnam (Dec 20)