Dresser-Rand to Service FPSO at BP's Angola Block 31
Dresser-Rand Group announced that its Norwegian subsidiary will supply four power generation packages for a floating, production, storage and offloading (FPSO) vessel. This will be the first of up to four identical contracts, as part of BP's Angola development program. The first contract's sales are estimated at approximately $75 million.
"We are very pleased to have been awarded this contract," said Jesus Pacheco, Dresser-Rand's executive vice president, New Equipment Worldwide. "The award is further evidence of our leading role in the growing FPSO
market by also providing power generation solutions for offshore installations. This program further enhances our presence and commitment to supporting our equipment in Angola. The special significance of this order
is that it will directly lead to add on business for the following identical projects over the next few years."
The power generation packages, which feature Dresser-Rand's three-point mounted, torque tube design, will be full-load string tested at Dresser-Rand's facility in Drammen, Norway.
Industry sources estimate that there are over 100 FPSO projects planned over the next 5 years. Many of those projects are earmarked for Asia, West Africa and Latin America, and Dresser-Rand continues to believe that this will remain a strong segment of the upstream market over the short and mid term future.
- Ex-Schlumberger Chief to Acquire Biggest Shale Pipe Servicer (Oct 19)
- BP Thunder Horse Expansion in Gulf of Mexico Starts Early (Oct 18)
- Oil Drillers' Rocky Mountain High Threatened by Colorado Vote (Oct 17)
Company: Dresser-Rand more info
- Leading through Change: Judy Marks Shares Her Experiences (Jun 17)
- Dresser-Rand Plans to Close Facility and Lay Off 72 Workers in Houston (Dec 23)
- Siemens To Buy Dresser-Rand To Tap US Shale Gas Boom (Sep 22)