Aker & JV Partners Ace Kashagan FEED Contract
Aker Solutions in Joint Venture with WorleyParsons and CB&I has received a Letter of Intent for the Kashagan Full Field Development FEED Contract.
Shareholders in the Joint Venture company (K-WAC Limited) are: WorleyParsons Europe Ltd (45%), CB&I UK Ltd (25%), Aker Engineering & Technology AS (30%).
Agip KCO is Operator of the consortium comprising ENI (18.52%), Shell (18.52%), ExxonMobil (18.52%), Total (18.52%), ConocoPhillips (9.26%), KazMunayGas (8.33%) and Inpex (8.33%).
The Phase II Project FEED Scope of Work includes Onshore and Offshore Facilities and Pipelines. There are also Options for Services post-Phase II FEED, which include Early Works, Detail Engineering and Procurement Services, Technical Assistance, and Design/System Integrity. Additionally there are Optional FEEDs for additional fields (Aktote, Kairan, and Kalamkas).
"We are very pleased about this important milestone for the development of the Kashagan field. It also confirms that we are very well positioned for an active role in this field development. The Kashagan field is at the core of our strategy for our international field development business. This LOI demonstrates our competitive strengths within offshore technology in environmentally sensitive areas and harsh climate conditions, as well as our international contracting with a high level of local content. We look forward to working with our partners on this very important field development," said Simen Lieungh, CEO of Aker Solutions.
The Letter of Intent is valid until December 31, 2008 and has a maximum value of US $31 Million.
WorleyParsons and Aker Solutions are currently engaged in the execution of Phase I of the Kashagan Project (the experimental program) by performing engineering services, fabrication and hook-up.
- Offshore Australia Project Marks Step-Change (Jan 16)
- Venezuela Will Remap its Caribbean Oil, Gas Prospects (Jan 09)
- Offshore Guyana Wildcat Spuds (Jan 07)
Company: Shell more info
- GOM Subsea Contract Goes to McDermott (Nov 27)
- Shell Exec Says Canada Pipeline Debacle Won't Affect LNG Decision (Sep 24)
- Silvertip Subsea Contract Goes to McDermott (Aug 07)
Company: ConocoPhillips more info
- ConocoPhillips Contracts Rowan Jackup (Jan 10)
- ConocoPhillips Plans for $6.1B Capital Spend in 2019 (Dec 10)
- ConocoPhillips Departs Barnett (Nov 01)
Company: ENI more info
- Eni Secures Two Deals for Oman Blocks (Jan 14)
- Eni to Operate Alaska Oil Field (Jan 03)
- Eni Spuds Well in Central North Sea (Dec 31)
Company: Inpex more info
- Darwin Seeks To Shed Frontier Image To Become World-Class LNG Export Hub (Jul 27)
- Shell, Inpex Near Finish Line in Race to Export North Australian LNG (Apr 24)
- Australia's Ichthys Project to Import LNG to Cool Plant Ahead of Start-up (Apr 23)
Company: CB&I more info
- McDermott International Closing CB&I Deal On Thursday, Saudi Arabia Is Key (May 11)
- China Catches 'New Wave' of Ethane Cracker Projects (Apr 18)
- Louisiana Methanol FEED Contract Goes to CB&I (Feb 05)
Company: KazMunayGas more info
- Kazakh Energy Officials Fired Over Gasoline Shortages (Oct 10)
- Keppel Kazakhstan Tie-Up Wins $242M Jackup Rig Deal (Jul 11)
- Eni Inks E&P Cooperation Agreement with KazMunayGas (Nov 06)
Company: WorleyParsons more info
- Kazakhstan Wellhead Megaproject Gets Design (Nov 13)
- Five-year Sabic Deal Goes to WorleyParsons (Nov 07)
- TCO Awards EPCM Support Services Deal for Tengiz Expansion Project to KPJV (Jul 12)
Company: Aker Solutions more info
- More Layoffs on the Way for Aker Solutions (Aug 23)
- Aker Solutions Opens Upgraded Aberdeen Site (Apr 27)
- Aker BP Buys Hess' Norway Unit For $2B (Oct 24)