Aker & JV Partners Ace Kashagan FEED Contract
Aker Solutions in Joint Venture with WorleyParsons and CB&I has received a Letter of Intent for the Kashagan Full Field Development FEED Contract.
Shareholders in the Joint Venture company (K-WAC Limited) are: WorleyParsons Europe Ltd (45%), CB&I UK Ltd (25%), Aker Engineering & Technology AS (30%).
Agip KCO is Operator of the consortium comprising ENI (18.52%), Shell (18.52%), ExxonMobil (18.52%), Total (18.52%), ConocoPhillips (9.26%), KazMunayGas (8.33%) and Inpex (8.33%).
The Phase II Project FEED Scope of Work includes Onshore and Offshore Facilities and Pipelines. There are also Options for Services post-Phase II FEED, which include Early Works, Detail Engineering and Procurement Services, Technical Assistance, and Design/System Integrity. Additionally there are Optional FEEDs for additional fields (Aktote, Kairan, and Kalamkas).
"We are very pleased about this important milestone for the development of the Kashagan field. It also confirms that we are very well positioned for an active role in this field development. The Kashagan field is at the core of our strategy for our international field development business. This LOI demonstrates our competitive strengths within offshore technology in environmentally sensitive areas and harsh climate conditions, as well as our international contracting with a high level of local content. We look forward to working with our partners on this very important field development," said Simen Lieungh, CEO of Aker Solutions.
The Letter of Intent is valid until December 31, 2008 and has a maximum value of US $31 Million.
WorleyParsons and Aker Solutions are currently engaged in the execution of Phase I of the Kashagan Project (the experimental program) by performing engineering services, fabrication and hook-up.
Operates 16 Offshore Rigs
- Exxon, Petrobras Form Alliance To Develop Oil, Gas Projects (Dec 14)
- ExxonMobil to Lead Construction, Ops of Mozambique LNG Facilities (Dec 13)
- ExxonMobil Jumping in to Mexico Fuel Market With First US Cargo (Dec 06)
Company: Shell more info
Operates 27 Offshore Rigs
- Shell Looks Beyond Road Fuels to Secure Future of Refining (Nov 06)
- API Panel Member: Voluntary Methane Program Forthcoming (Oct 06)
- Eni Bets Big on Zohr Explorer Finding New Treasure (Oct 06)
Company: ConocoPhillips more info
Operates 12 Offshore Rigs
- ConocoPhillips Vows Financial Discipline As Aims To Boost Output (Nov 08)
- ConocoPhillips' Profit Beats Estimates, But Budget Cut 10% (Oct 26)
- Most US Gulf Oil Output Offline Ahead of Tropical Storm Nate (Oct 06)
Company: ENI more info
Operates 11 Offshore Rigs
- Italy Prosecutors Probe Eni For Tax Evasion At Refineries (Nov 22)
- Officials: BP, Eni Interested In Developing Iraq's Majnoon Oilfield (Nov 20)
- Eni's Giant Gas Field Prompts Egypt to End Imports in 2018 (Nov 15)
Company: Inpex more info
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Inpex Halts Construction At Australian LNG Site After Worker Dies (Nov 30)
- Japan's Inpex Says Ichthys LNG Project On Track For March Start (Nov 08)
- Statement: Indonesia To Extend Inpex's Masela LNG Contract By 27 Years (Oct 19)
Company: CB&I more info
- CB&I Gets Go-ahead for Kazakhstan Petchem Project (Dec 11)
- CB&I Wins Contract for Saudi Aramco-Shell Project (Dec 07)
- Harvey Strikes Employment: CB&I Lays Off Hundreds (Sep 25)
Company: KazMunayGas more info
- Kazakh Energy Officials Fired Over Gasoline Shortages (Oct 10)
- Keppel Kazakhstan Tie-Up Wins $242M Jackup Rig Deal (Jul 11)
- Eni Inks E&P Cooperation Agreement with KazMunayGas (Nov 06)
Company: WorleyParsons more info
- TCO Awards EPCM Support Services Deal for Tengiz Expansion Project to KPJV (Jul 12)
- WorleyParsons Bags EPCM Contract for BP-Operated Assets in Caspian Region (Apr 14)
- WorleyParsons Lands Deal for Ophir's Fortuna Project in Equatorial Guinea (Apr 13)
Company: Aker Solutions more info
- Aker BP Buys Hess' Norway Unit For $2B (Oct 24)
- Aker Completes More Than Two-Thirds of Cost-Cutting Program (May 09)
- Aker Solutions Reduces Total Headcount by Almost 5,000 Since 2014 (Mar 30)