Star Energy to Commence Drilling after Energy Enhancer's Safety Checks
EnCore Oil has provided the following update following an incident on the Energy Enhancer drilling rig over the weekend.
A small fire broke out early Sunday morning 19th October in the ventilation system on the Energy Enhancer drilling rig. As this resulted in smoke entering the accommodation area of the rig, 34 non-essential personnel were evacuated from the rig to the stand-by vessel and were further transported to shore. 45 essential personnel remain on board.
The fire has been dealt with and now an inspection of the electrical systems on the rig is being carried out to check for damage and to try and establish the cause of the fire.
Alan Booth, Chief Executive Officer, commented, "The safety of the crew is paramount whenever such incidents occur and I am pleased that the appropriate action was taken by the Offshore Installation Manager. The well is currently approximately 10 meters above the reservoir and once essential safety checks are carried out it is anticipated drilling will recommence shortly thereafter."
As part of the commercial arrangements between Star Energy (now a subsidiary of Petronas) and EnCore, Star Energy will bear the entire cost of drilling of this well. EnCore has a 50% interest in the project and Star Energy, the operator, also has a 50% interest.
- Petronas-Saudi RAPID Refinery To Receive First Oil Cargo By End-Sept (Sep 13)
- Petronas Eyes South Sudan Oil Blocks (Sep 11)
- Sources: Aramco Plans To Ship First Crude Oil To Malaysia JV Refinery (Sep 04)
Company: Northern Offshore more info
- Northern Offshore Delays Delivery of 2 Jackups Now Being Built in China (Apr 01)
- Northern Offshore Issues Notice to Terminate Contract for Energy Searcher (Jan 13)
- Energy Searcher Signed Up for Nigeria Drill (Dec 09)
Company: Star Energy more info
- Providence, Star Sign Agreement for Dragon License (Nov 12)
- Star Energy Group Fires Up Production at Avington Oil Field (Jan 27)
- EnCore Notes Preliminary Pressure Results at Esmond Reservoir (Nov 04)
Company: EnCore Oil plc more info
- Deo Petroleum: Amalgamation Agreement Finalized (Jan 12)
- Egdon Acquires EnCore Stake (Jan 06)
- Weather Delays Drilling at EnCore's Tudor Rose Well (Dec 08)