DONG to Tie-Back Trym, Start Up Production in 2010
DONG Energy and its license partners Bayerngas Norge and Faroe Petroleum have prepared a development plan for the Norwegian oil and gas field Trym, which is to provide a tie-back to the Danish production platform Harald.
The investment is expected to total DKK 2.4 billion, with DONG Energy's share amounting to around DKK 1 billion. The development plan has been submitted for consideration and approval by the relevant Norwegian authorities.
Subject to official approval by January 1, 2009, DONG Energy expects Trym to go into production by the end of 2010.
Trym is located in the Norwegian sector of the North Sea, immediately north of the Danish/Norwegian boundary, and will be tied back to the Danish DUC production platform, Harald, via a 6-kilometer pipeline. The development will be in the form of a subsea installation with two horizontal wells that will be tied back to and controlled from Harald.
According to the plan, the gas from Trym will be transported from Harald via DONG Energy's pipeline to the Tyra platform and onwards to Nybro in Denmark or Den Helder in the Netherlands, respectively. Oil and condensate will be transported from Harald via the Gorm field to Fredericia in Denmark via DONG Energy's pipeline.
The content of this announcement does not alter DONG Energy's profit outlook for the 2008 financial year.
- European Oil Majors Seek To Harness US Offshore Wind (Aug 01)
- Billionaire Ratcliffe Hunts Oil to Repeat Chemicals Empire Build (May 24)
- NPD Grants Consent for the Expansion of Nyhamna Gas Plant (Feb 10)
Company: Faroe Petroleum more info
- Drilling of Well at Fogelberg Gas Discovery to Start in Feb/March -Centrica (Sep 01)
- Japan's JX To Sell North Sea Oil Field Stake To Faroe Petroleum (Jul 28)
- Faroe: Bone Exploration Well in Barents Sea Spud (Jan 12)
Company: Bayerngas Norge AS more info
- Centrica Merges Oil Business with Bayerngas to Tap Younger Fields (Jul 17)
- NPD Grants Lundin Drilling Permit for Well 16/4-10 (Nov 30)
- Wintershall Completes Takeover of Vega Field in the North Sea (Mar 04)