Keppel FELS Delivers Fourth Sinvest Jackup Drilling Rig
Keppel FELS has delivered the jackup drilling rig, Deep Driller 6, to Sinvest AS (Sinvest), a subsidiary of Aban Singapore Pte Ltd (ASPL) on time and within budget.
Deep Driller 6 is the fourth unit to be delivered in a series of five KFELS Super B Class rigs built for Sinvest. The fifth rig, Deep Driller 8, is on track for a timely delivery in the first quarter of 2009.
The KFELS Super B Class design is one of the world’s deepest drilling rigs, with capabilities for drilling High Pressure, High Temperature wells up to 35,000 ft at 350 ft water depth.
"ASPL aims to become a global leader in providing offshore drilling services and to entrench our position as the largest operator in Asia.
"With the on time delivery of the Deep Driller 6, we are progressing well towards having our entire offshore fleet operational by early 2009," said Reji Abraham, Managing Director of Aban Offshore Limited.
"We are pleased to work with Keppel FELS in boosting ASPL's capacity and offerings to our global clientele. Keppel has once again demonstrated that their commitment and expertise in project execution and management is second to none," he added.
Tong Chong Heong, Managing Director & Chief Operating Officer of Keppel Offshore & Marine (Keppel O&M), said, "ASPL has entrusted us with the construction of about half of their 11 strong jackup fleet. We are privileged indeed to be a part of their efforts to become a global industry leader.
"With a strong orderbook extending into 2012, we are determined to execute our current projects well, and to continue delivering high-quality solutions to our valued customers."
The KFELS Super B Class design is an enhancement of the highly acclaimed KFELS B Class design. This Keppel’s proprietary design has quickly gained market acceptance since it was launched in 2000.
To date, 24 KFELS B Class rigs have already been delivered with another nine in various stages of construction.
- Keppel FELS Delivers Floatel Triumph, Upcoming Work at Wheatstone Field (Sep 30)
- Asia Oil, Gas Layoffs Mount as Industry Recovery Stays Elusive (Sep 08)
- Keppel FELS Delivers Jackup UMW Naga 8 to Malaysia's UMW Oil & Gas (Sep 02)
Company: Aban Offshore more info
- Aban Offshore Bags $87M Contract to Provide Aban Abraham Drillship to ONGC (Jun 28)
- Aban Offshore Inks Deal to Provide Aban II to ONGC for $50M (Oct 27)
- Aban Offshore Clinches $182.7M Deals to Supply 2 Jackups to ONGC (Oct 13)
Company: Premium Drilling more info
- Reliance Opts for More Time to Deploy Deep Driller 4 (Dec 02)
- Coastal to Put Songkhla A-03 On Stream in Late November (Nov 13)
- Coastal Tests Positive Production Flow at Songkhla A-01 (Nov 04)
Company: Sinvest ASA more info
- Keppel FELS Delivers Fourth Sinvest Jackup Drilling Rig (Oct 17)
- Chevron Contracts Deep Driller 2 for Operations Offshore Thailand (Dec 27)
- Keppel On Track to Deliver Another Super B Jackup (Jun 18)