Technip Tapped to Help Develop Dutch Gas Fields in North Sea
Technip has been awarded a lumpsum contract by Wintershall Noordzee B.V. to assist in the development of the E-18 and P-9 gas fields in the Dutch sector of the North Sea.
The contract covers:
- Assembly and installation of a 5.4 kilometer 10” rigid flowline (1) between the new E-18 platform and an existing platform,
- Manufacture and installation of a 16.7 kilometer 8" rigid flowline for the tie-in of two new P-9 wells and an existing platform,
- Installation of two umbilicals (2), 5.6 kilometers and 16.8 kilometers long,
- Trenching (3) and backfilling of the pipelines and umbilicals,
- Installation of protection structures for the P-9 field wells,
- tie-ins, protection and testing of the subsea system.
Technip's entities in the United Kingdom will execute the contract: the Aberdeen operating center will carry out project management and engineering, the flowlines will be welded at the Evanton spoolbase and the P-9 umbilical will be manufactured at the Newcastle manufacturing unit.
Offshore operations are scheduled to commence in the first quarter of 2009. Two vessels from the Technip fleet, the Apache and the Skandi Achiever, will execute the pipelaying and diving operations respectively. Third party vessels will be utilized for trenching and backfilling services.
- The $20B Race to Eclipse Norway's Elite Oil Producers (Sep 13)
- Wintershall's Libya Oil Output Sharply Lower At 10,000 Bpd (Aug 28)
- Kremlin Accuses Trump of Trying to Bully Europe into Buying US LNG (Jul 12)
Company: TechnipFMC plc more info
- Technip Wins Contract for Louisiana LNG Proposal (Oct 15)
- TechnipFMC to Build Pioneering Vietnam Project (Aug 28)
- Sasol Plans More Hiring for Louisiana Project (Oct 12)