PSA Gives StatoilHydro Thumbs Up to Drill with Ocean Vanguard
StatoilHydro has received consent to conduct exploration drilling of well 35/6-1 S with the semisub Ocean Vanguard.
The well is located in the Norwegian Sea, about 43 kilometers west of Kinn in Flora municipality and 18 kilometers north of Gjoa.
Well 35/6-1 S has the following geographical coordinates:
- N 61 degrees 32' 02.9"
- E 03 degrees 54' 40.8"
Water depth at the site is 343 meters.
Drilling is set to start around mid-November 2008, and the activity is expected to last for about 58 days.
The Ocean Vanguard (formerly West Vanguard) is a Bingo 3000-type semisubmersible drilling facility, commissioned in 1982 at Trosvik Verksted AS. It has subsequently undergone a number of upgrades. The facility is classified in the DnV's register and is operated by Diamond Offshore Netherlands BV. The semisub received an Acknowledgement of Compliance on July 2, 2004.
- Diamond Offshore Posts Smaller-Than-Expected Loss On Lower Costs (Jul 30)
- Diamond Offshore Posts Smaller-Than-Expected Quarterly Loss (Apr 30)
- New Contracts Drive Diamond Offshore's Profit Beat; Shares Rise (Oct 30)
Company: Petroleum Safety Authority Norway more info
- Watchdog: Cost Cuts Appear To Harm Norway Oil Industry Safety (Feb 20)
- Norway To Investigate Oil Industry Safety After Accidents Rise (Nov 29)
- PSA Asks Statoil Whether Recent Incidents Related To Cost Cutting (Oct 26)
Company: StatoilHydro more info
- Samsung Heavy Industries Lands Statoil FSU Construction Contract (Sep 14)
- First Movers in Eco-Drilling: Going 'Dope'-less (Apr 25)
- StatoilHydro Delays Hammerfest LNG Start Up (Nov 23)