PSA Gives StatoilHydro Thumbs Up to Drill with Ocean Vanguard
StatoilHydro has received consent to conduct exploration drilling of well 35/6-1 S with the semisub Ocean Vanguard.
The well is located in the Norwegian Sea, about 43 kilometers west of Kinn in Flora municipality and 18 kilometers north of Gjoa.
Well 35/6-1 S has the following geographical coordinates:
- N 61 degrees 32' 02.9"
- E 03 degrees 54' 40.8"
Water depth at the site is 343 meters.
Drilling is set to start around mid-November 2008, and the activity is expected to last for about 58 days.
The Ocean Vanguard (formerly West Vanguard) is a Bingo 3000-type semisubmersible drilling facility, commissioned in 1982 at Trosvik Verksted AS. It has subsequently undergone a number of upgrades. The facility is classified in the DnV's register and is operated by Diamond Offshore Netherlands BV. The semisub received an Acknowledgement of Compliance on July 2, 2004.
Manages 19 Offshore Rigs
- New Contracts Drive Diamond Offshore's Profit Beat; Shares Rise (Oct 30)
- Diamond Offshore's Profit Beats Estimates On Lower Costs (May 01)
- Offshore Drillers Still Seeking Recovery Enjoyed by Shale (Feb 07)
Company: Petroleum Safety Authority Norway more info
- Watchdog: Cost Cuts Appear To Harm Norway Oil Industry Safety (Feb 20)
- Norway To Investigate Oil Industry Safety After Accidents Rise (Nov 29)
- PSA Asks Statoil Whether Recent Incidents Related To Cost Cutting (Oct 26)
Company: StatoilHydro more info
Operates 33 Offshore Rigs
- Samsung Heavy Industries Lands Statoil FSU Construction Contract (Sep 14)
- First Movers in Eco-Drilling: Going 'Dope'-less (Apr 25)
- StatoilHydro Delays Hammerfest LNG Start Up (Nov 23)