StatoilHydro Gets Go-Ahead to Use Scarabeo 5 for Alve Drilling Program
StatoilHydro has received consent to use the semisub Scarabeo 5 for production drilling on Alve.
Alve is a small gas and condensate discovery in the Norwegian Sea, 16 kilometers southwest of the Norne field. Production from Alve is to be phased in to the Norne field, with planned start-up in early 2009.
The consent relates to drilling of a new 8 1/2" section and completion of production well 6507/3-L2 H, which is part of production license 159B. This is exploration well 6507/3-5 S, which was drilled by Ocean Vanguard in March 2008.
The plan is to start drilling and completion of the well in October 2008, as soon as the Scarabeo 5 has completed its five-year classification inspection in Olen. The estimated duration of the activity is 30 days.
The Scarabeo 5 is a semisubmersible drilling facility built in Italy at Fincantieri Shipyards Genova, commissioned in 1990. The semisub received an Acknowledgement of Compliance in May 2003 and is operated by Saipem from its operations office in Stjordal.
- Diamond Offshore Posts Smaller-Than-Expected Loss On Lower Costs (Jul 30)
- Diamond Offshore Posts Smaller-Than-Expected Quarterly Loss (Apr 30)
- New Contracts Drive Diamond Offshore's Profit Beat; Shares Rise (Oct 30)
Company: Saipem more info
- Offshore Egypt Project to Start New Phase (Dec 20)
- Arctic LNG Contract Goes to Saipem (Dec 19)
- Saipem-led JV Wins Contract for LNG Project in Nigeria (Jul 13)
Company: Petroleum Safety Authority Norway more info
- Watchdog: Cost Cuts Appear To Harm Norway Oil Industry Safety (Feb 20)
- Norway To Investigate Oil Industry Safety After Accidents Rise (Nov 29)
- PSA Asks Statoil Whether Recent Incidents Related To Cost Cutting (Oct 26)
Company: StatoilHydro more info
- Samsung Heavy Industries Lands Statoil FSU Construction Contract (Sep 14)
- First Movers in Eco-Drilling: Going 'Dope'-less (Apr 25)
- StatoilHydro Delays Hammerfest LNG Start Up (Nov 23)