StatoilHydro Gets Go-Ahead to Use Scarabeo 5 for Alve Drilling Program
StatoilHydro has received consent to use the semisub Scarabeo 5 for production drilling on Alve.
Alve is a small gas and condensate discovery in the Norwegian Sea, 16 kilometers southwest of the Norne field. Production from Alve is to be phased in to the Norne field, with planned start-up in early 2009.
The consent relates to drilling of a new 8 1/2" section and completion of production well 6507/3-L2 H, which is part of production license 159B. This is exploration well 6507/3-5 S, which was drilled by Ocean Vanguard in March 2008.
The plan is to start drilling and completion of the well in October 2008, as soon as the Scarabeo 5 has completed its five-year classification inspection in Olen. The estimated duration of the activity is 30 days.
The Scarabeo 5 is a semisubmersible drilling facility built in Italy at Fincantieri Shipyards Genova, commissioned in 1990. The semisub received an Acknowledgement of Compliance in May 2003 and is operated by Saipem from its operations office in Stjordal.
Manages 19 Offshore Rigs
- New Contracts Drive Diamond Offshore's Profit Beat; Shares Rise (Oct 30)
- Diamond Offshore's Profit Beats Estimates On Lower Costs (May 01)
- Offshore Drillers Still Seeking Recovery Enjoyed by Shale (Feb 07)
Company: Saipem more info
Manages 12 Offshore Rigs
- Sanction-Proof Oil Rig Beats US Policy From Cuba to Russia (Dec 19)
- Ifax: Saipem To Conduct Feasibility Study On Rosneft Chemical Plant (Sep 15)
- Saipem to Build Pipelines for Kuwait Refinery Project (Aug 16)
Company: Petroleum Safety Authority Norway more info
- Watchdog: Cost Cuts Appear To Harm Norway Oil Industry Safety (Feb 20)
- Norway To Investigate Oil Industry Safety After Accidents Rise (Nov 29)
- PSA Asks Statoil Whether Recent Incidents Related To Cost Cutting (Oct 26)
Company: StatoilHydro more info
Operates 34 Offshore Rigs
- Samsung Heavy Industries Lands Statoil FSU Construction Contract (Sep 14)
- First Movers in Eco-Drilling: Going 'Dope'-less (Apr 25)
- StatoilHydro Delays Hammerfest LNG Start Up (Nov 23)