RWE Reports on Jordbaer Discovery, to Drill 8 More Norwegian Wells
RWE Dea has had a successful 2008 drilling campaign in Norway, with discoveries at the Jordbaer, Uer and Blomster prospects. The largest, the Jordbaer discovery, was made in block 34/3, 45 kilometers northeast of the Snorre field in the northern part of the North Sea.
A comprehensive data acquisition program has been carried out as well as a production test. The discovery well tested at an average rate of 7,500 barrels per day of light oil. The rig then stayed on location and immediately spudded an appraisal well, 34/3-1 A, to delineate the discovery.
The appraisal well encountered the Jordbaer oil-water contact as expected. The appraisal well was drilled to a vertical depth of 3,974 meters below sea surface, and reached total depth in Lower Jurassic rocks. The drilling activity was carried out using the Bredford Dolphin drilling rig at a water depth of 400 meters. The well will now be plugged and abandoned. There is further untested potential on the license, which the partnership will be working to explore.
RWE Dea Norge has a 10% share in the production license 373 S, where the Jordbaer field lies. The other licensees are Revus Energy (20%), Idemitsu Petroleum (25%) and operator BG Norge (45%).
Thomas Rappuhn, COO of RWE Dea said, "We have had a highly successful exploration year so far in Norway and expect to drill 8 exploration and appraisal wells across our Norwegian portfolio over the next 18 months."
- Shell Mulls LNG-Hub Network as Use by Ships and Trucks Expands (Jul 11)
- Tanzania Laws Would Allow Govt to Tear Up Mining, Energy Deals (Jun 29)
- Despite Cuts, Big Oil to Expand Production into the 2020s (Sep 05)
Company: RWE-DEA more info
- Sharp Fall In Applications For Norway's Arctic Oil Permits (Dec 05)
- Lundin Granted Drilling Permit in PL609 (Sep 10)
- Lundin Spuds Appraisal Well on Alta Discovery (Mar 25)
Company: Revus Energy more info
- StatoilHydro Makes Small Gas Discovery at Canon Prospect (Apr 30)
- RWE Confirms Successful Luno Appraisal Test, Field Extension (Jan 30)
- Spring Energy Snags Stake in North Sea Production License (Jan 28)
Company: Idemitsu more info
- OMV Says Wisting Arctic Discovery May Exceed 1B Barrels (Nov 17)
- Tullow Oil: Discovery Made in Cara Prospect Offshore Norway (Sep 16)
- Aker Secures FEED Deal from Idemitsu for Blocks 05-1b, 05-1c Off Vietnam (Jul 12)