ShawCor to Provide Trinidad & Tobago Pipeline Services
ShawCor announced its Bredero Shaw division has received a contract with a value in excess of $60 million to provide Concrete Weight Coatings and anode installation for the National Gas Company of Trinidad & Tobago Ltd’s North East Offshore (NEO) and Tobago Pipeline Projects. Bredero Shaw will mobilize two Compression Coat Technology (CCT) concrete weight coating plants to Trinidad and will commence coating for these projects in the second quarter of 2009.
The North East Offshore Pipeline Project will consist of approximately 84 km of 36" pipe to be installed offshore and approximately 10 km installed onshore that will transport natural gas from BHP Billiton's Angostura Gas Export Platform to Mayaro Bay on the east coast of Trinidad. The Tobago Pipeline Project will consist of approximately 54 km of 12” pipe that will transport natural gas from the BHP Billiton Gas Export Platform to Cove Industrial Estate at Columbus Point on the south coast of Tobago.
Bredero Shaw will provide Concrete Weight Coating using Compression Coat mobile coating technology. Compression Coat is the pipeline industry’s leading coating system for projects requiring rapid mobilization or coating near the right-of-way. This concrete coating system is designed to provide negative buoyancy and mechanical protection for pipelines in submarine and wet environments. Compression Coat uses a side-wrap application process making it ideal for both small and large diameter pipelines.
- ExxonMobil and BHP Greenlight Offshore Australia Project (Dec 13)
- Why Majors Will Take a Bigger Role in US Shale (Oct 29)
- Total Rules Out Investing In US Shale Oil After BP-BHP Deal (Aug 27)
Company: ShawCor more info
- Offshore Guyana Pipe Coating Contracts Go to Shawcor (Oct 05)
- OTC Announces Technology Awards (Mar 08)
- ShawCor Snags Second Pipeline Gig for Ichthys LNG Proj. (Jun 29)
Company: National Gas Co. of Trinidad and Tobago Ltd (NGC) more info
- Trinidad Spending Millions to Develop Natural Gas Pipeline with Tobago (Jun 05)
- ShawCor to Provide Trinidad & Tobago Pipeline Services (Oct 15)
- Technip Wins Caribbean Subsea Pipeline Work (Dec 18)