Global Industries Awarded Pemex Pipeline Contract for Ku-Maloob-Zaap
Global Industries has been awarded a project from Petroleos Mexicanos (Pemex) for pipeline work in Pemex's Ku-Maloob-Zaap Field in the Bay of Campeche.
The project, worth approximately US $46 million, is scheduled to begin in March 2009 and be completed by the end of July 2009. Global will be utilizing the Shawnee as the main operating vessel, with other additional support vessels assisting.
Global will install two pipelines at a depth of approximately 300ft, one 24" x 2.1km from PP-Maloob-C platform to PP-Ku-H platform, and another one 12" x 0.5km from a subsea connection to the PP-Maloob-C in the Bay of Campeche. The project also includes pipeline crossings, risers, and expansion curves.
According to B.K. Chin, Global's Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, "This award demonstrates again Pemex's confidence in Global's ability in executing their projects in a timely and safe manner."
- Global Industries Scores 'Who Dat' Project Development in GOM (Mar 23)
- Global Industries Secures Multiple McMoRan Decommissioning Projects in GOM (Mar 07)
- Pemex Awards $125MM for Pipeline Work in GOM (Jun 01)
Company: Pemex more info
- AMLO Doubles Down to End Fuel Theft after PEMEX Explosion (Jan 21)
- Mexican Driller Latina Is Said to Bid for Pemex Contract (Jan 17)
- Mexico Fuel Sellers Said to Seek Pemex Alternative (Jan 11)