Sterling Spuds Bowstring East Well in UK North Sea
Sterling Resources has reported that operations on the Cladhan exploration well on Block 210/29a in the United Kingdom Northern North Sea have commenced, with the arrival of the Transocean 704 semi-submersible rig at the site.
The well is targeting an Upper Jurassic prospect and is anticipated to take 35 days to drill. Sterling is the operator and currently holds a 39.9% working interest.
Stewart Gibson, Chief Executive Officer of Sterling stated, "We continue our very active year of drilling with the Cladhan well, having already completed two successful wells offshore Romania and currently preparing to test the East Breagh well in the Southern North Sea. The Cladhan well is an exciting exploration prospect for us with significant potential for oil in place. Applied Drilling Technology International (ADTI) is providing drilling support on a turnkey basis for the Cladhan well, concurrent to their ongoing support with the ENSCO 70 rig on our current East Breagh well."
- Offshore Brazil Contract Extension Goes to Transocean (Sep 28)
- Transocean Wins Multi-well NCS Contract for New Semisub (Sep 21)
- Driller Transocean Eyes Improved Lease Rates, Activity In 2019 (Sep 05)
Company: Sterling Resources more info
- Britain's Breagh Gas Field Back Up after 7 Week Closure (Dec 30)
- Production at UK Breagh Gas Field to Resume in 6-8 Weeks (Nov 20)
- UK's Breagh Gas Field Shut, Maybe for Two Weeks - Sterling (Nov 13)