Borgland Dolphin to Drill Vigdis Well
StatoilHydro has received consent to conduct exploration drilling of well 34/7-34 using the semisub Borgland Dolphin. Well 34/7-34 is part of production license 089 and is situated on the Vigdis field.
The well has the following geographical coordinates:
- N 61 degrees 23' 22.452"
- E 02 degress 08' 32.253"
Water depth at the site is approximately 285 meters.
According to the application for consent, the estimated start-up date for drilling is in early December 2008.
The Borgland Dolphin is a semisubmersible drilling facility of the Aker H3 type, which was built as a flotel at Bergen Mekaniske Verksted in 1976. In 1999, the facility was converted into a semisub by Harlan and Wolff Shipbuilding and Heavy Industries Ltd in Belfast. The semisub is owned by Dolphin AS and received an Acknowledgement of Compliance (AoC) in September 2004.
- Anadarko Terminates Drilling Contract for Belford Dolphin Drillship (Mar 16)
- Cairn Postpones Spanish Point Drill Due to Rig Delays (Jul 09)
- Newbuild Bolette Dolphin Drillship Unveils in South Korea (Jun 20)
Company: Petroleum Safety Authority Norway more info
- Watchdog: Cost Cuts Appear To Harm Norway Oil Industry Safety (Feb 20)
- Norway To Investigate Oil Industry Safety After Accidents Rise (Nov 29)
- PSA Asks Statoil Whether Recent Incidents Related To Cost Cutting (Oct 26)
Company: StatoilHydro more info
- Samsung Heavy Industries Lands Statoil FSU Construction Contract (Sep 14)
- First Movers in Eco-Drilling: Going 'Dope'-less (Apr 25)
- StatoilHydro Delays Hammerfest LNG Start Up (Nov 23)