BP Norge Gets Green Light to Use Safe Scandinavia Facility at Valhall
BP Norge AS has received consent to use the mobile living quarters facility Safe Scandinavia on the Valhall field.
In connection with construction work on the new PH (Process & Hotel Platform) on the Valhall field, BP will require accommodations for personnel from the involved contracting companies during the period November 2008 to June 2009.
Safe Scandinavia will be moored south of Valhall IP (Injection Platform) with a gangway connection to this facility.
Safe Scandinavia was built in 1984 at Aker Verdal according to an Aker H-3.2E design. The facility has a maximum of 583 beds and 59 work stations.
Operates 33 Offshore Rigs
- Exxon, BP Targeted in NYC Suit That Relies on 'Nuisance' Theory (Jan 10)
- Owners of Louisiana-Illinois Pipeline Eye Reversal Next Steps (Dec 21)
- Canadian Offshore Oil Interest Grows As Pipeline Woes Sink Alberta Prices (Dec 20)
Company: Petroleum Safety Authority Norway more info
- Watchdog: Cost Cuts Appear To Harm Norway Oil Industry Safety (Feb 20)
- Norway To Investigate Oil Industry Safety After Accidents Rise (Nov 29)
- PSA Asks Statoil Whether Recent Incidents Related To Cost Cutting (Oct 26)