Dockwise Bags $84MM Topside Transport Contract for Shtokman Field
Following the letter of intent announced in June 2008, Dockwise announced that through its subsidiary Dockwise Shipping B.V., it has been contracted by Vyborg Shipyard to transport two topside structures from Korea to the Barents Sea and to install the units on semisubmersible hulls, using the float-over technique. Dockwise will receive US $84 million over the three year contract, with the revenue contributing immediately to fourth quarter 2008 cashflows.
Vyborg Shipyard was commissioned by Gazflot (the operating arm of Gazprom) to construct two platforms designed for operation in the arctic conditions of the giant new Shtokman field, 600km offshore Murmansk. The first topside structure is scheduled to be loaded end April 2010 for installation between July and August 2010; the second at end October 2010 for installation around February 2011. The structures will be transported from Geoje Island, Korea, to the assembly locations in the Murmansk harbour area. Each topside is estimated to weigh around 22,000 tons.
Andre Goedee, CEO of Dockwise, commented, "The Vyborg / Shtockman contract is a milestone in Dockwise's history. It demonstrates our primacy in handling extreme challenges: scale, distance, and climactic conditions are the significant features of this assignment. Furthermore, our installation role shows how Dockwise is developing its presence in the upstream production cycle. We are excited by the prospect of the Russian arctic market and are actively exploring ways to build upon today's announcement to develop long term relationships with Russian clients."
- Gazprom's Second Quarter Profit Soars On Rising Energy Prices, Sales (Aug 29)
- Russian Gas Exports Hit a New Summertime Record (Jul 17)
- Trump: US to Compete With Russia for Europe Gas Market (Jul 16)
Company: Gazflot more info
- Gazflot Contracts Songa Mercur for Sakhalin Drilling Program (Mar 08)
- Energy Exerter Heads to Greece after Pechora Sea Ops (Feb 23)
- FAIR to Transport Energy Exerter Jackup to Scotland (Nov 03)
Company: Dockwise more info
- Fairstar: Dockwise's Actions Go Against Dutch Law (Apr 27)
- Dockwise Lands $55M in New Contracts, MSA with Keppel (Dec 21)
- Dockwise Vessel Books 2nd Delivery Gig in 2013 (Oct 14)