Mustang Snares FEED Contract for Hess' Pony Topsides
Mustang Engineering has been awarded the front-end engineering design (FEED) for the topsides facilities on Hess Corporation's Pony Deepwater Development. The Pony field is located in the Green Canyon area of the deepwater Gulf of Mexico, offshore Louisiana in approximately 3,500 feet of water. The current development plan includes subsea wells tied back to a floating processing facility. Mustang has been working with Hess over the past year, studying various field development configurations to develop this challenging reservoir. The FEED study is expected to be completed by year-end.
Mustang President Steve Knowles said, "Mustang is looking forward to working on this significant deepwater Gulf of Mexico project and continuing its relationship with Hess."
Projects which Mustang has recently completed for Hess include the detailed design and engineering for an enhanced oil recovery expansion and upgrade project in West Texas, and detailed design and engineering for the Elon/Okume production facilities offshore Equatorial Guinea, West Africa.
- Hammerhead-1 Strikes Offshore Guyana (Aug 30)
- Hess Loss Shrinks As Higher Oil Prices Offset Falling Output (Jul 25)
- Offshore Guyana Block Could Require Five FPSOs (Jul 23)
Company: Mustang Engineering more info
- Mustang Secures Topsides Role for Anardarko's Lucius Development (Dec 20)
- Mustang Completes Engineering Gig at Eni Nikaitchuq Facility (Jun 28)
- Mustang Snags Detail Design Contract for Chevron Facility (Sep 07)