Eni, Sonangol Strike Oil at Ngoma-1 Offshore Angola
Eni and Sonangol E.P. made a new oil discovery in the deep waters of Block 15/06 offshore Angola. The discovery well Ngoma-1, located about 350 Km from Luanda, was drilled in 1,421 meters of water to a total vertical depth of 3,383 meters, encountering an oil column of 127 meters in high permeability Miocene sands.
The well tested a 22.5 degree API gravity oil at higher than forecasted rates, confirming the high mineral potential of Block 15/06. This discovery, located close to the recently discovered Sangos field, will be followed by other exploration wells on other nearby structures, providing significant potential to achieve synergies in the development of the western area of the block.
Eni operates Block 15/06 with a 35% and Sonangol E.P. is the Concessionaire. The other contractors are Sonangol Pesquisa e Producao SA (15%), SSI Fifteen Limited (20%), TEPA (Block15/06) Total (15%), Falcon Oil Holding Angola SA (5%), Petrobras International Braspetro B.V. (5%) and Statoil Angola Block 15/06 Award AS (5%).
The block was awarded in November 2006 after an international bidding round which was characterized by a very high level of competition. Eni considers Angola among the strategic countries for its future production growth of oil and gas and looks forward to further strengthening the cooperation with state-owned company Sonangol. Eni has been present in Angola since 1980 and has a current equity production of some 130,000 boe/d.
- Murphy Oil and Petrobras to Form Gulf of Mexico JV (Oct 11)
- Offshore Brazil Contract Extension Goes to Transocean (Sep 28)
- Union: Petrobras Plans To Start Reopening Replan Refinery In 48 Hours (Aug 22)
Company: Equinor ASA more info
- Tight Oil, Shale to Drive Majors' Output to New Highs (Oct 16)
- Shell, Equinor Commit to Tanzania LNG as They Await Host Accord (Oct 16)
- Norwegian Sea Gift Keeps on Giving (Oct 05)
Company: Total S.A. more info
- Oil CEOs Jostle for Global Natgas Crown Under Putin's Gaze (Oct 04)
- Uganda Expects to Miss Target for First Oil (Sep 24)
- Total Joins Tullow-operated Block Offshore Guyana (Sep 13)
Company: ENI more info
- Offshore Mozambique Block Goes to Eni (Oct 17)
- Offshore Mexico FPSO Contract Goes to Modec (Oct 12)
- Eni Makes New Gas Discovery in Egypt (Aug 30)
Company: Sonangol more info
- Buyers Eye Sinopec's Argentina Oil Assets in Sale Worth Up to $1B - Sources (Oct 09)
- US Oil Firm Cobalt Files For Arbitration Against Angola For $2B (May 12)
- US Firm Cobalt Threatens Arbitration Over Angolan Oil Assets (Apr 03)
Company: Falcon Oil & Gas more info
- Falcon Updates on Drilling Ops at Amungee NW-1H Well in Beetaloo Basin (Sep 30)
- Falcon O&G Provides Update on Drilling Ops in Beetaloo Basin in Australia (Jul 26)
- Falcon Outlines Drilling Plans for its Australia's Beetaloo Basin Assets (Apr 29)