Eni, Sonangol Strike Oil at Ngoma-1 Offshore Angola
Eni and Sonangol E.P. made a new oil discovery in the deep waters of Block 15/06 offshore Angola. The discovery well Ngoma-1, located about 350 Km from Luanda, was drilled in 1,421 meters of water to a total vertical depth of 3,383 meters, encountering an oil column of 127 meters in high permeability Miocene sands.
The well tested a 22.5 degree API gravity oil at higher than forecasted rates, confirming the high mineral potential of Block 15/06. This discovery, located close to the recently discovered Sangos field, will be followed by other exploration wells on other nearby structures, providing significant potential to achieve synergies in the development of the western area of the block.
Eni operates Block 15/06 with a 35% and Sonangol E.P. is the Concessionaire. The other contractors are Sonangol Pesquisa e Producao SA (15%), SSI Fifteen Limited (20%), TEPA (Block15/06) Total (15%), Falcon Oil Holding Angola SA (5%), Petrobras International Braspetro B.V. (5%) and Statoil Angola Block 15/06 Award AS (5%).
The block was awarded in November 2006 after an international bidding round which was characterized by a very high level of competition. Eni considers Angola among the strategic countries for its future production growth of oil and gas and looks forward to further strengthening the cooperation with state-owned company Sonangol. Eni has been present in Angola since 1980 and has a current equity production of some 130,000 boe/d.
- Oil May Bring 400,000 Jobs and $258B in Investments to Brazil (Jan 17)
- Petrobras Sells Rights in 37 Oilfields for $823MM (Nov 28)
- Brazil Subsea Pipeline Project Goes to McDermott (Nov 21)
Company: Equinor ASA more info
- Big Oil Reuses Platforms in Latest Cost-Cutting Trick (Nov 15)
- Tight Oil, Shale to Drive Majors' Output to New Highs (Oct 16)
- Shell, Equinor Commit to Tanzania LNG as They Await Host Accord (Oct 16)
Company: Total S.A. more info
- Saudi Aramco and Total JV to Hire SMBC to Advise on Funding (Jan 17)
- Deepwater Nigeria Field Starts Production (Jan 02)
- Total Spuds Well Offshore South Africa (Dec 27)
Company: ENI more info
- Eni Secures Two Deals for Oman Blocks (Jan 14)
- Eni to Operate Alaska Oil Field (Jan 03)
- Eni Spuds Well in Central North Sea (Dec 31)
Company: Sonangol more info
- Buyers Eye Sinopec's Argentina Oil Assets in Sale Worth Up to $1B - Sources (Oct 09)
- US Oil Firm Cobalt Files For Arbitration Against Angola For $2B (May 12)
- US Firm Cobalt Threatens Arbitration Over Angolan Oil Assets (Apr 03)
Company: Falcon Oil & Gas more info
- Falcon Updates on Drilling Ops at Amungee NW-1H Well in Beetaloo Basin (Sep 30)
- Falcon O&G Provides Update on Drilling Ops in Beetaloo Basin in Australia (Jul 26)
- Falcon Outlines Drilling Plans for its Australia's Beetaloo Basin Assets (Apr 29)