Eni, Sonangol Strike Oil at Ngoma-1 Offshore Angola
Eni and Sonangol E.P. made a new oil discovery in the deep waters of Block 15/06 offshore Angola. The discovery well Ngoma-1, located about 350 Km from Luanda, was drilled in 1,421 meters of water to a total vertical depth of 3,383 meters, encountering an oil column of 127 meters in high permeability Miocene sands.
The well tested a 22.5 degree API gravity oil at higher than forecasted rates, confirming the high mineral potential of Block 15/06. This discovery, located close to the recently discovered Sangos field, will be followed by other exploration wells on other nearby structures, providing significant potential to achieve synergies in the development of the western area of the block.
Eni operates Block 15/06 with a 35% and Sonangol E.P. is the Concessionaire. The other contractors are Sonangol Pesquisa e Producao SA (15%), SSI Fifteen Limited (20%), TEPA (Block15/06) Total (15%), Falcon Oil Holding Angola SA (5%), Petrobras International Braspetro B.V. (5%) and Statoil Angola Block 15/06 Award AS (5%).
The block was awarded in November 2006 after an international bidding round which was characterized by a very high level of competition. Eni considers Angola among the strategic countries for its future production growth of oil and gas and looks forward to further strengthening the cooperation with state-owned company Sonangol. Eni has been present in Angola since 1980 and has a current equity production of some 130,000 boe/d.
Operates 34 Offshore Rigs
Manages 10 Offshore Rigs
- Exxon, Petrobras Form Alliance To Develop Oil, Gas Projects (Dec 14)
- Natural Gas In Petrobras Pipelines Up About 23% In 2017 (Dec 05)
- Petrobras CEO Says To Discuss Refining Partnership With CNPC CEO (Nov 15)
Company: Statoil more info
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Statoil May Build Onshore Terminal for Castberg Oil -Minister (Jan 16)
- Canadian Offshore Oil Interest Grows As Pipeline Woes Sink Alberta Prices (Dec 20)
- Sharp Fall In Applications For Norway's Arctic Oil Permits (Dec 05)
Company: Total S.A. more info
- Total Starts Up Antwerp Refinery And Petrochem Complex After Upgrade (Nov 30)
- Hoegh LNG: Pakistan LNG Import Project Consortium Folds (Nov 16)
- France's Total Buys Engie's LNG Business For $1.5B (Nov 08)
Company: ENI more info
Operates 11 Offshore Rigs
- BSEE: Italy's Eni Begins Drilling Oil Well In Alaska's Beaufort Sea (Dec 27)
- Eni 'Mission Impossible' Points to Seismic Shift for Big Oil (Dec 22)
- Sanction-Proof Oil Rig Beats US Policy From Cuba to Russia (Dec 19)
Company: Sonangol more info
- Buyers Eye Sinopec's Argentina Oil Assets in Sale Worth Up to $1B - Sources (Oct 09)
- US Oil Firm Cobalt Files For Arbitration Against Angola For $2B (May 12)
- US Firm Cobalt Threatens Arbitration Over Angolan Oil Assets (Apr 03)
Company: Falcon Oil & Gas more info
- Falcon Updates on Drilling Ops at Amungee NW-1H Well in Beetaloo Basin (Sep 30)
- Falcon O&G Provides Update on Drilling Ops in Beetaloo Basin in Australia (Jul 26)
- Falcon Outlines Drilling Plans for its Australia's Beetaloo Basin Assets (Apr 29)