Aker Drilling Management Undergoes HSE Audit
The Petroleum Safety Authority Norway (PSA) conducted an audit of health, safety and environment (HSE) in Aker Drilling Operation AS on September 23, 2008. The audit targeted the Company's management system, primarily in relation to planning and follow-up of HSE work and how this is described in some of the central governing documents.
The audit was carried out at the Company's office in Stavanger and consisted of reviews of selected parts of the management system as well as interviews of personnel in the land organization for Aker Spitsbergen.
Background for the Audit
Aker Drilling Operation AS has applied to the PSA for an Acknowledgement of Compliance (AoC) for the dynamically position drilling facility Aker Spitsbergen. The Company has entered into a long-term contract with StatoilHydro for use of the facility on the Norwegian continental shelf, mainly for activity on the Asgard, Norne and Heidrun licenses.
Aker Drilling has the Aker Spitsbergen and Aker Barents drilling facilities under construction at Aker Solutions' workshop on Stord. Aker Drilling was established in 2005 and Aker Spitsbergen is the Company's first facility to undergo commissioning.
Purpose of the Audit
The purpose of the audit was to verify whether the Company's management system has been developed and implemented in accordance with regulatory requirements.
Result of the Audit
The structure and organisation of the management system was reviewed in this audit. Key topics during the activity included the system for preparing governing documents in general, the system for following up and investigating undesirable incidents, handling of nonconformities and the system for competence and training.
Four nonconformities were registered in relation to regulatory requirements, as well as two factors where there is potential for improvement.
- Watchdog: Cost Cuts Appear To Harm Norway Oil Industry Safety (Feb 20)
- Norway To Investigate Oil Industry Safety After Accidents Rise (Nov 29)
- PSA Asks Statoil Whether Recent Incidents Related To Cost Cutting (Oct 26)
Company: Aker Drilling more info
- Transocean Finalizes Acquisition of Aker Drilling (Oct 04)
- Transocean to Buy Aker Drilling for $1.4B (Aug 15)
- Vantage to Provide Construction Management Services for Aker Drillships (Mar 10)
Company: StatoilHydro more info
Operates 34 Offshore Rigs
- Samsung Heavy Industries Lands Statoil FSU Construction Contract (Sep 14)
- First Movers in Eco-Drilling: Going 'Dope'-less (Apr 25)
- StatoilHydro Delays Hammerfest LNG Start Up (Nov 23)