PSA Orders NEM to Halt Activities at Mongstad
The Petroleum Safety Authority Norway (PSA) has ordered the Dutch contracting company NEM to halt all activities carried out by subcontractors/staffing agencies that have not submitted the requested documentation regarding conditions for contractor personnel at Mongstad.
The work will be stopped until NEM can confirm that all of the requested documentation has been provided.
On Wednesday, October 8, the PSA ordered NEM to submit the following documents by Saturday, October 11:
- Written employment contracts, cf. Sections 14-5 and 14-6 of the Working Environment Act.
- Wage disbursements/pay slips for wages paid in the last month, cf. Section 8 of the General Application Act.
- Agreement regarding covering expenses for travel, board and accommodations, cf. Section 14 of the Regulations relating to general application of wage agreements for certain petroleum facilities on land and Section 6 of the Regulations relating to general application of wage agreements for construction sites in Norway.
The PSA cannot see that the company has complied with this order, and has thus made the following resolution:
Pursuant to the Act relating to working environment, working hours and employment protection, etc. of 17 June 2005 No. 62, Section 18-8, cf. Section 8 of the General Application Act; the enterprise NEM is ordered to halt all activities performed by those subcontractors/staffing agencies that have not submitted the requested documentation at StatoilHydro's refinery at Mongstad. The activities shall be brought to a halt when this order is received, and shall not resume until NEM can confirm that the requested documentation has been provided.
In a letter to StatoilHydro Mongstad, the PSA has informed the company that StatoilHydro, as operator, should naturally make sure that this partial halt in activities is carried out.
- Watchdog: Cost Cuts Appear To Harm Norway Oil Industry Safety (Feb 20)
- Norway To Investigate Oil Industry Safety After Accidents Rise (Nov 29)
- PSA Asks Statoil Whether Recent Incidents Related To Cost Cutting (Oct 26)
Company: StatoilHydro more info
- Samsung Heavy Industries Lands Statoil FSU Construction Contract (Sep 14)
- First Movers in Eco-Drilling: Going 'Dope'-less (Apr 25)
- StatoilHydro Delays Hammerfest LNG Start Up (Nov 23)