Tenders Launched for $10B Abu Dhabi Sour Gas Development
DUBAI (Dow Jones Newswires), October 13, 2008
ConocoPhillips and Abu Dhabi National Oil Co. Monday launched the tender process for the $10-billion Shah sour gas field development in Abu Dhabi, with the aim of completing the project by the end of 2013, people familiar with the plans say.
Adnoc and Conoco held a meeting with local and international contractors in Abu Dhabi city Monday, asking for expressions of interest in 10 separate project packages, all of which will be tendered between the first and third quarter of 2009, documents seen by Dow Jones Newswires show.
Under the tender schedule, all contracts are set to be awarded in late 2009 and early 2010, the documents show.
European and U.S. contractors including Snamprogetti, Technip SA, Bechtel Group Inc. and Foster Wheeler Ltd., and Japanese and South Korean firms were expected to attend Monday's meeting, the people say.
Sour gas is highly corrosive and generally more costly and challenging to process because of its high sulfur content, which requires special handling and infrastructure.
The Shah tender will offer 10 packages for bidding, including gas gathering and processing plants, sulfur recovery units and pipelines among other facilities, the documents show.
Copyright (c) 2008 Dow Jones & Company, Inc.
- ConocoPhillips Contracts Rowan Jackup (Jan 10)
- ConocoPhillips Plans for $6.1B Capital Spend in 2019 (Dec 10)
- ConocoPhillips Departs Barnett (Nov 01)
Company: Bechtel Corporation more info
- Corpus Christi LNG Export Facility Starts Production (Nov 16)
- Bechtel: LNG Demand May Need $200 Billion Investment (Apr 10)
- Bechtel to Complete Building the Last 2 LNG Trains on Curtis Island in 2016 (Jan 12)
Company: TechnipFMC plc more info
- GOM Subsea Contract Goes to TechnipFMC (Jan 09)
- Chevron Wellhead Deal Goes to TechnipFMC (Nov 14)
- Technip Wins Contract for Louisiana LNG Proposal (Oct 15)
Company: Snamprogetti more info
- Saudi Aramco Relaunches Tenders for $10B Manifa Oil Project (Nov 17)
- Tenders Launched for $10B Abu Dhabi Sour Gas Development (Oct 13)
- KBR Completes Nigeria LNG Train Six Construction (Jan 08)
Company: Foster Wheeler more info
- WorleyParsons and JV Partners Win FEED Contract for LNG Canada Project (May 21)
- Amec Agrees to buy Foster Wheeler for $3B (Jan 13)
- Report: British Engineer Amec Eyeing Foster Wheeler Takeover (Nov 27)
Company: Abu Dhabi National Oil Company more info
- Key UAE Contract Goes to Spanish Firm (Dec 18)
- Abu Dhabi Ready to Pump More Oil Under OPEC Deal (Jul 03)
- $44B India Integrated Project Moves Forward (Jun 25)