Farstad Nabs New Charter Commitments in Brazil, Australia
Farstad Shipping has announced new charter commitments in the range of Norwegian Kroner 380-665 million depending on options.
BG E&P Brasil has awarded the AHTS Far Sabre (UT712L, 2008, 15,900bhp) a 12 month contract (plus 14 month options) related to their operation in Brazil. Start up of the contract is end of October.
Hess Australia has issued a Letter of intent for the charter of the AHTS Far Sword (UT 712L, 2006, 15,900bhp) and the AHTS Far Saltire (UT 728, 2002, 16,300bhp) to support the semisubmersible rig Jack Bates in Australia for a period of 12-17 months. The program is scheduled to commence in May/June 2009. Far Saltire's existing commitment to Woodside to June 2010 will be taken over by the AHTS Far Sound (UT 712L, 2007, 15,900bhp).
The new charters have been entered into at strengthening rate levels.
The contract coverage of the Farstad Fleet for 2009 is approximately 75%. This includes charterers' options to extend certain contracts.
- Shell Mulls LNG-Hub Network as Use by Ships and Trucks Expands (Jul 11)
- Tanzania Laws Would Allow Govt to Tear Up Mining, Energy Deals (Jun 29)
- Despite Cuts, Big Oil to Expand Production into the 2020s (Sep 05)
Company: Hess Corporation more info
Operates 4 Offshore Rigs
- Hess Cutting Hundreds of Workers As It Battles Activist Investor (Jan 16)
- ExxonMobil Reports More Offshore Guyana Success (Jan 05)
- About 75,000 Bpd Of Gulf Oil Output Still Shut After Shell Fire (Nov 15)
Company: Transocean Ltd. more info
Manages 53 Offshore Rigs
- Oil's Biggest Rigs Headed to Junkyard as Daily Losses Mount (Oct 18)
- Transocean To Buy Norwegian Rig Firm Songa Offshore For $1.1B (Aug 15)
- Borr Drilling Signs Deal With Transocean to Buy 15 Rigs (Mar 20)
Company: Farstad Shipping more info
- Norwegian Firms to Create Offshore Oil Industry Supply Vessels Giant (Feb 06)
- Farstad Shipping Sells AHTS Lady Sandra (Sep 27)
- Farstad Consolidates Australian Ops in Perth, Cuts 35 Jobs (Sep 21)