Talisman to Drill Gyda Sor Well with Maersk Guardian Jackup
Talisman Energy Norway AS has been granted consent to conduct exploration drilling of well 2/1-13S with the jackup Maersk Guardian.
Well 2/1-13S is part of production license 299 and is located on Gyda Sor in the southern North Sea. The closest distance to land (Jaeren) is approximately 235 kilometers.
The well has the following geographical coordinates:
- N 56 degrees 47' 11.51"
- E 03 degrees 2' 57.17"
According to the application for consent, the planned start-up of drilling is at the end of October 2008 at the earliest. The planned duration of the activity is approximately 112 days.
Talisman’s subsidiaries hold interests in two operated fields in the Gyda Area (interests of 18% and 61% in the Blane and Gyda fields, respectively), and one non-operated field (with an interest of 10%). Production in 2007 averaged 8,152 boe/d, which accounted for 25% of Scandinavian production.
In 2007, Talisman drilled five development wells (which includes two injection wells) and completed the Blane development. One exploration well was drilled, and an additional exploration well drilling over year-end was successful in early 2008. In addition, Talisman acquired, through a cross-license unitization, a working interest in the non-operated Tambar field.
Talisman expects that capital spending in 2008 in the Gyda Area will be approximately $131 million and plans to drill one exploration and three development wells (which includes one Blane injection well shared with the MNS Area).
- Maersk Drilling to Sell Jackup (Nov 12)
- CEO: Maersk Drilling Strong Enough To Stand On Its Own After Listing (Aug 28)
- Maersk Drilling Lays Off Dozens in GOM (Jan 23)
Company: Talisman Energy more info
- Strong Upstream Performance from European Majors (Jul 28)
- PETRONAS, PetroVietnam Extend PM3CAA PSC in Malaysia-Vietnam Waters to 2027 (May 10)
- Repsol Significantly Scales Back Upstream Investment (Oct 15)
Company: Petroleum Safety Authority Norway more info
- Watchdog: Cost Cuts Appear To Harm Norway Oil Industry Safety (Feb 20)
- Norway To Investigate Oil Industry Safety After Accidents Rise (Nov 29)
- PSA Asks Statoil Whether Recent Incidents Related To Cost Cutting (Oct 26)