Exxon Mobil to Use Bredford Dolphin for North Sea Ops
Exxon Mobil Exploration and Production Norway AS has received consent to conduct exploration drilling in the southern part of the North Sea using the semisub Bredford Dolphin.
The consent relates to exploration drilling of well 15/6-10, which is part of production license 029B. The well is located north of Sleipner Vest and has the following geographical coordinates:
- N 58 degrees 40' 55.722"
- E 1 degrees 50' 15.188"
Water depth at the site is 112 meters.
The Bredford Dolphin is a Semisub Aker H-3 type facility operated by Dolphin AS. The facility received an Acknowledgement of Compliance (AoC) in June 2007.
The well will be drilled by Det norske on behalf of Exxon Mobil. The current estimate calls for drilling to start in November 2008. The activity will have a duration of approximately 61 days.
- Tight Oil, Shale to Drive Majors' Output to New Highs (Oct 16)
- Oil Majors Offload Gulf of Mexico Fields to Hunt Bigger Finds (Oct 12)
- Offshore Guyana Pipe Coating Contracts Go to Shawcor (Oct 05)
Company: Dolphin Drilling more info
- Anadarko Terminates Drilling Contract for Belford Dolphin Drillship (Mar 16)
- Cairn Postpones Spanish Point Drill Due to Rig Delays (Jul 09)
- Newbuild Bolette Dolphin Drillship Unveils in South Korea (Jun 20)
Company: Petroleum Safety Authority Norway more info
- Watchdog: Cost Cuts Appear To Harm Norway Oil Industry Safety (Feb 20)
- Norway To Investigate Oil Industry Safety After Accidents Rise (Nov 29)
- PSA Asks Statoil Whether Recent Incidents Related To Cost Cutting (Oct 26)