PSA Gives Green Light for StatoilHydro to Drill with Transocean Winner
StatoilHydro has been granted consent to conduct exploration drilling in the northern part of the North Sea with the Transocean Winner semisubmersible drilling rig.
The consent applies to drilling of wells 30/5-3 S and 30/5-3 A located approximately 8.5 kilometers.
The well has the following geographical coordinates:
- N 60 degrees 39' 26.3"
- E 2 degrees 39' 33.6"
The water depth at the site is approximately 113 meters.
Transocean Winner is a third-generation semisub of the GVA-4000 type, built in 1983 at Gotaverken Arendal in Gothenburg, Sweden. The rig is owned by Transocean Offshore, and is operated by Transocean Offshore (North Sea) Ltd NUF, with headquarters in Stavanger. Transocean Winner received the PSA's Acknowledgement of Compliance (AoC) in August 2006.
The drilling activity will start when Transocean Winner is moved from exploration well 6507/6-3 during October 2008. The activity is estimated to last 115 days.
- Offshore Brazil Contract Extension Goes to Transocean (Sep 28)
- Transocean Wins Multi-well NCS Contract for New Semisub (Sep 21)
- Driller Transocean Eyes Improved Lease Rates, Activity In 2019 (Sep 05)
Company: Petroleum Safety Authority Norway more info
- Watchdog: Cost Cuts Appear To Harm Norway Oil Industry Safety (Feb 20)
- Norway To Investigate Oil Industry Safety After Accidents Rise (Nov 29)
- PSA Asks Statoil Whether Recent Incidents Related To Cost Cutting (Oct 26)
Company: StatoilHydro more info
- Samsung Heavy Industries Lands Statoil FSU Construction Contract (Sep 14)
- First Movers in Eco-Drilling: Going 'Dope'-less (Apr 25)
- StatoilHydro Delays Hammerfest LNG Start Up (Nov 23)