StatoilHydro Gets Go-Ahead to Drill with Transocean Leader
StatoilHydro has been granted consent to conduct exploration drilling of well 6605/1-1 using the Transocean Leader semisubmersible drilling rig.
The well is part of production license 328 and is located in the Norwegian Sea approximately 190 kilometers northwest of Heidrun. The distance to land (Sandnessjoen) is 340 kilometers.
Well 6605/1-1 has the following geographical coordinates:
- N 66 degrees 48' 23.7"
- E 05 degrees 10' 32.2"
The water depth at the site is 1,160 meters.
Planned start-up of drilling will be at the end of October 2008. The activity has a planned duration of 67 days.
Transocean Leader is a semisub owned and operated by Transocean Offshore Ltd. It was delivered from Hyundai Heavy Industries in Korea in 1987. The facility received an Acknowledgement of Compliance in December 2004.
- Canada LNG Project Developers Trim List of FEED Contenders (Jan 30)
- Hyundai Heavy Plunges by Record on $1.2 Billion Sale Plan (Dec 27)
- World's Top Two Shipyards Signal More Orders as Earnings Improve (Apr 27)
Company: Transocean Ltd. more info
- Transocean Lands $830MM Rig Contract with Chevron (Dec 28)
- Transocean Acquires Ocean Rig (Dec 05)
- Offshore Brazil Contract Extension Goes to Transocean (Sep 28)
Company: Petroleum Safety Authority Norway more info
- Watchdog: Cost Cuts Appear To Harm Norway Oil Industry Safety (Feb 20)
- Norway To Investigate Oil Industry Safety After Accidents Rise (Nov 29)
- PSA Asks Statoil Whether Recent Incidents Related To Cost Cutting (Oct 26)
Company: StatoilHydro more info
- Samsung Heavy Industries Lands Statoil FSU Construction Contract (Sep 14)
- First Movers in Eco-Drilling: Going 'Dope'-less (Apr 25)
- StatoilHydro Delays Hammerfest LNG Start Up (Nov 23)