BJ Services Bags Tubular Services Contract for Malaysia-Thailand Area
BJ Services Company's Tubular Services product line has been awarded a two-year contract by Carigali-PTTEP Operating Company SDN BHD (CPOC), a joint operating company between Petronas Carigali Joint Development Area Limited, Malaysia and PTTEP International Limited, Thailand. BJ will run standard and chrome tubulars in support of CPOC's development program in Block B-17-01 of the Malaysia-Thailand joint development area (JDA), located between Thailand and Malaysia.
To provide these services, BJ Services will use specialized minimal marking nonferrous tubular handling equipment, as well as the Salvo graphical analysis system, and fill and circulate tool (FAC), which provides fast, effective fill-up of casing string while running. The chrome tubular completions will be run from platforms in water depths of up to 250 ft. An estimated total of five platforms with 64 wells will be completed.
The contract commenced in August 2008, and is being carried out by BJ personnel and state-of-the-art equipment based in Bangkok, Kuala Lumpur and Songkhla, Thailand.
"Although we have supplied hammer conductor-driving services in the JDA, this will be the first time that BJ has delivered tubular running services in the JDA or worked on behalf of CPOC," said Kenny Watt, VP of BJ's Tubular Services product line.
Operates 3 Offshore Rigs
- Ecuador to Offer Oil Blocks Under New Bidding Terms in Jan (Oct 06)
- ExxonMobil Says Will Drop Discussions Over Indonesia's East Natuna (Jul 18)
- Hydrocarbons Encountered at Te Giac Trang Field Offshore Vietnam (Dec 20)
Company: PETRONAS more info
Operates 12 Offshore Rigs
- After Europe's Gas Market Disasters, LNG May Come to the Rescue (Dec 12)
- Petronas Unit Agrees Share Swap With Shell's Africa Operator (Dec 05)
- Malaysia's Petronas Asked To Exit Myanmar In Protest Of Rohingya Crisis (Nov 08)
Company: BJ Services Company more info
- Baker Hughes Closes BJ Services Acquisition (Apr 29)
- Baker Hughes, BJ Services Reach Final Agreement with DOJ (Apr 27)
- BJ Services Gets to Work on Casablanca Platform (Apr 09)