RWE Pushes Forward with Topaz Gas Field Tie-In Development
RWE Dea announced that the operated Topaz appraisal well in the UK southern North Sea, has been successfully drilled and tested by the Noble Al White drilling rig. Flow rates on test exceeded commercial thresholds and the joint venture has agreed to take the project forward to development.
A Field Development Plan is anticipated to be submitted to the Department of Energy and Climate Change before the year end and production is expected to commence in 3Q 2009. The Topaz gas field straddles Blocks 49/1a and 49/2a and field partners are RWE Dea UK SNS Limited (57.5% and Operator), GDF Britain Limited (35%) and Faroe Petroleum (7.5%).
The planned development will be a single well tieback to the Tullow operated Schooner field 15 kilometers to the northwest and onwards through the CMS gas transportation system to the Theddlethorpe Gas Terminal.
Major contracts have been awarded to Technip for pipelay and tie-in activities, to V&M Tubes UK for linepipe and to Duco Ltd Technip for umbilical supply.
Thomas Rappuhn, COO of RWE Dea, said, "The Topaz appraisal well was a success and enables us to move quickly to bring the field into production in 2009. Developments such as Topaz demonstrate the value that can be achieved through appraisal drilling when there is good collaboration between field and infrastructure owners."
- Digitization at Work: GE and Noble Launch Digital Rig (Feb 22)
- Sembcorp Marine Delivers World's Largest Jackup Noble Lloyd Noble (Jul 18)
- Oil Industry Maintains Country Club Culture During Downturn (May 23)
Company: Tullow Oil more info
- Uganda Expects to Miss Target for First Oil (Sep 24)
- Offshore Namibia Dud Dims Outlook for New Play (Sep 24)
- Total Joins Tullow-operated Block Offshore Guyana (Sep 13)
Company: RWE-DEA more info
- Sharp Fall In Applications For Norway's Arctic Oil Permits (Dec 05)
- Lundin Granted Drilling Permit in PL609 (Sep 10)
- Lundin Spuds Appraisal Well on Alta Discovery (Mar 25)
Company: Faroe Petroleum more info
- DNO Withdraws Request For Faroe Board Seats As Conflict Escalates (Aug 27)
- Independents Go Big in North Sea (Jan 03)
- Drilling of Well at Fogelberg Gas Discovery to Start in Feb/March -Centrica (Sep 01)
Company: TechnipFMC plc more info
- Technip Wins Contract for Louisiana LNG Proposal (Oct 15)
- TechnipFMC to Build Pioneering Vietnam Project (Aug 28)
- Sasol Plans More Hiring for Louisiana Project (Oct 12)
Company: GDF Britain Ltd more info
- GDF Suez Strikes Gas at Juliet Well in Southern North Sea (Jan 02)
- Dana Petroleum Snags Interests in 29 UK Offshore Blocks (Nov 14)
- RWE Pushes Forward with Topaz Gas Field Tie-In Development (Oct 10)