Technip to Install Subsea Pipeline System at Babbage Gas Field
Technip has been awarded by E.ON Ruhrgas UK North Sea Ltd. a lumpsum contract, worth approximately €32 million, for the development of the Babbage gas field located in the United Kingdom Southern North Sea. Under this contract, Technip will install a subsea pipeline system to export gas from the new Babbage platform to existing subsea infrastructure located within the "West Sole Bravo 500 meters zone" at a water depth of 25 meters.
The contract covers:
- project management, design, fabrication and installation of a 28 kilometer gas export rigid pipeline, a 40 ton manifold and three flexible tie-in jumpers(1),
- installation of pipeline protection materials,
- trenching(2) and backfilling of the gas export pipeline,
- pre-commissioning, tie-ins and testing.
Technip's operating center in Aberdeen, Scotland, will execute the contract. Welding of the gas export pipeline will be undertaken at the Group’s recently upgraded spoolbase in Evanton, Scotland. Offshore installation is scheduled to commence in the second quarter of 2009 using two vessels from Technip's fleet, the Apache and
the Orelia, and third party vessels.
- Independents Go Big in North Sea (Jan 03)
- Polish Antimonopoly Office Says Nord Stream 2 Threatens Competition (Jul 22)
- Premier Oil's Shares Remain Suspended amid Proposed E.ON Deal (Jan 14)
Company: TechnipFMC plc more info
- Technip Wins Contract for Louisiana LNG Proposal (Oct 15)
- TechnipFMC to Build Pioneering Vietnam Project (Aug 28)
- Sasol Plans More Hiring for Louisiana Project (Oct 12)