Woodside Confirms Latest Results from Egret-3 Well
Woodside Petroleum Ltd., operator of the WA-10-R Joint Venture, located in the Carnarvon Basin, offshore Western Australia, reports that the Egret-3 exploration and appraisal well is being plugged and abandoned at a total depth of 4,881 meters, as planned.
Drilling of the deeper exploration objective continued in the 8-1/2 inch hole from 4,794 meters to 4,881 meters where wireline logs were run, confirming an 8-meter gross gas column.
Three of the six title holders - Woodside, BHP Billiton Petroleum (North West Shelf) Pty Ltd. and Japan Australia LNG (MIMI) Pty Ltd - are equal sole risk participants in testing the deeper exploration objective of the well.
Analysis of samples recovered from the shallower 12-1/4 inch appraisal section of the well in combination with wireline log evaluation, indicates a 50-meter gross hydrocarbon column, comprising 5 meters of net gas pay and 24 meters of net oil pay in the Angel Formation. The viability of developing the Egret oil accumulation will be addressed early next year following acquisition of the Demeter 3D seismic survey.
Woodside's interest in the shallower appraisal objective is 16.67%. Other participants are BHP Billiton Petroleum (North West Shelf) Pty Ltd. (16.67%), BP Developments Australia Ltd. (16.67%), ChevronTexaco Australia Pty Ltd. (16.67%), Japan Australia LNG (MIMI) Pty Ltd. (16.67%) and Shell Development (Australia) Pty Ltd. (16.67%).
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Private Oil Made a Big Find in Mexico. Now State Oil Wants a Cut (Oct 04)
- BHP Gearing Up to Start Drilling for Oil in Mexico's Deep Waters (Oct 02)
- BHP To Quit US Shale Business As Annual Profit Surges (Aug 22)
Company: BP plc more info
Operates 32 Offshore Rigs
- BP: 2017 'Massive' Year for Global Upstream Projects (Dec 07)
- BP Seeks Stake In Cairn Energy Senegal Assets (Nov 20)
- Officials: BP, Eni Interested In Developing Iraq's Majnoon Oilfield (Nov 20)
Company: Shell more info
Operates 27 Offshore Rigs
- Shell Looks Beyond Road Fuels to Secure Future of Refining (Nov 06)
- API Panel Member: Voluntary Methane Program Forthcoming (Oct 06)
- Eni Bets Big on Zohr Explorer Finding New Treasure (Oct 06)
Company: Woodside more info
Operates 3 Offshore Rigs
- Chevron Starts LNG Output at Australia's Wheatstone (Oct 09)
- Global LNG: Faltering Supply Prompts Short-Covering Price Rally (Aug 11)
- Woodside Sees Output Growing 15 Pct Over Next Three Years (May 23)
Company: Chevron Corporation more info
- ExxonMobil Jumping in to Mexico Fuel Market With First US Cargo (Dec 06)
- Chevron To Study Mexican Oil Block, No Drilling Seen In First 4 Years (Nov 30)
- Buying Texas Oil at New Mexico Prices: Majors Go West for Shale (Nov 14)