Northern Petroleum to Prepare 5 Dutch Wells for Production
Northern Petroleum announced that its wholly owned subsidiary, Northern Petroleum Nederland BV, has contracted services for a well service program commencing in early November to make subsurface preparations to five wells for full production. This is being undertaken prior to delivery and installation of facilities. Additionally, Schlumberger Oilfield Services has been contracted to conduct an hydraulic fracture program to the five wells at the same time.
Northern remains on track to meet its production target of gross initial production of 4,670 boepd next year and should the fracture campaign be as successful as forecast, Northern would be positioned to exceed this target
subject to timing of remaining planning permissions.
Detailed fracture design modelling on the wells has been carried out by industry specialists, Fracture Technologies Ltd., who designed the successful fracture programs for the Waalwijk gas field wells. The Waalwijk reservoirs are directly analogous to the Wijk en Aalburg, Brakel and Ottoland reservoirs and were very successfully fractured improving production rates by a factor of two to three. The Carboniferous reservoirs as seen in Geesbrug and Grolloo have also undergone successful hydraulic fracturing in the offshore portion of the Southern North Sea Gas Basin.
The hydraulic fracture design modelling predicts similar improvements to Northern's wells. The first well in the sequence is Wijk en Aalburg, where the studies indicate that the initial production rate can be increased by up to 18 mmscf/d from the presently proven rate of 5 mmscf/d established in previous production tests.
- It Takes an Army: Women in Oil, Gas Encouraged to Mentor Others in Industry (Sep 05)
- Schlumberger CEO Warns Transport Constraints To Slow Shale Gains (Sep 04)
- Schlumberger Appoints Shale Innovator Mark Papa to Board (Aug 06)
Company: Northern Petroleum more info
- Northern Petroleum Agrees Cascina Alberto Farm-Out with Shell (Mar 05)
- Northern Petroleum's Latest Alberta Well Proves Uneconomic (Feb 10)
- Northern Drills First Wells in Current Program in Alberta (Sep 17)