KCA Deutag Snags Major Drilling Contract Offshore Asia
KCA Deutag has been awarded a US $30 million contract by Global Tender Barges Pte Ltd (owner of the Alligator tender assist rig) to support the drilling contract from Petronas Carigali Sdn Bhd, for the operation and management of the Alligator tender assist rig.
This four-year contract, with a one-year extension, is scheduled to commence in the third quarter of 2009, following the refurbishment of the rig on completion of its contract with Chevron in Angola at the end of 2008.
Holger Temmen, Chief Executive of KCA Deutag, said, "This contract means that all seven of the tender assist rigs we manage have now been awarded long-term contracts in Asia and West Africa.
"We see the management of mobile offshore drilling units, such as tender assist rigs, as a significant growth opportunity for the company, and we will continue to develop this element of our business portfolio, along with our land drilling, offshore platform drilling and engineering services."
- Petronas-Saudi RAPID Refinery To Receive First Oil Cargo By End-Sept (Sep 13)
- Petronas Eyes South Sudan Oil Blocks (Sep 11)
- Sources: Aramco Plans To Ship First Crude Oil To Malaysia JV Refinery (Sep 04)
Company: KCA Deutag more info
- Norway Strike Threat Increases as Parties Fail to Find Agreement (Jun 08)
- Statoil Extends Drilling Services Contracts, Kicks Off JS Platform Work (Mar 31)
- KCA Confirms Plans to Hire 300 Workers in Norway (Mar 30)