MD Cowan Continues to Rake in Sales for Super Single Drilling Rigs
MD Cowan, Inc. has announced the sales and delivery of 15 new Super Single Drilling Rigs® to several new and existing customers.
MD Cowan has contracted with Chesapeake subsidiary Gene D. Yost & Son for four new rigs. The rigs will be a custom design variation of Cowan’s popular Super Single rigs, and will include several new features specifically geared to the Appalachian area in which they will operate. The rigs are designed to fulfill the mobility and operations challenges of drilling in the Marcellus Shale region. These rigs will also include rig skidding systems for pad drilling applications.
In addition, MD Cowan has sold two more Super Singles to JB Hunt Gas & Oil Drilling, LLC. The first of the two rigs is on location in Arkansas, drilling in the Fayetteville Shale. The second rig is designated to be a DC-electric Super Single for work in the Barnett Shale, near Fort Worth, Texas. In addition to these two rigs, JB Hunt Gas & Oil Drilling operates four Super Singles: three in the Permian Basin and one in Arkansas.
Weatherford de Mexico has purchased an 8-rig Super Single package with an option for additional rigs in 2009. MD Cowan is also under contract for a second Thermal Single® rig, a variation of the Super Single that Cowan designed and built for geothermal driller ThermaSource.
"It's a great year for MD Cowan and the Super Single, with continued sales growth and exciting new design developments," said Scott Milliren, MD Cowan President. "Recent sales reflect the versatility of the highly mobile Super Single design. It's readily adaptable to fulfill specific regional and specialty drilling needs."
- Weatherford Sells Data Logging Business to Pay Debt (Dec 17)
- ADES Buys 11 Drilling Rigs from Weatherford (Dec 03)
- Weatherford Sells Laboratory Business for $205MM (Oct 24)
Company: Chesapeake Energy Corporation more info
- WildHorse to Lay Off Staff After Chesapeake Acquisition (Jan 14)
- Chesapeake to Cut Rigs to Reduce CAPEX in 2019 (Jan 10)
- Chesapeake Surges After Director Buys Shares (Dec 26)
Company: MD Cowan, Inc. more info
- Arabian Drilling Services Picks Up 2 MD Cowan Rigs (Oct 12)
- MD Cowan Sells First DC-Electric Super Single Drilling Rig (Mar 16)
- MD Cowan Continues to Rake in Sales for Super Single Drilling Rigs (Oct 07)