Santos Reports Bawean PSC Drilling Results
The Titan BP 1 well was plugged and abandoned after reaching a total depth of 791 meters. It intersected 49 meters of gross gas charged sandstones of the Tawun Formation containing 75% carbon dioxide and 25% natural gas. The well is located 100 kilometers northeast of Kepodang Gas Field and 160 kilometers from Surabaya, East Java, Indonesia.
The Calypso BP 1 well was plugged and abandoned after reaching a total depth of 832 meters. Calypso BP 1 intersected 42 meters of gross gas charged sandstones of the Prupuh Formation containing 80% carbon dioxide and 20% natural gas. Calypso BP 1 is a wildcat exploration well located approximately 85 kilometers south southwest of the Titan BP 1 well.
Bawean PSC are BP Bawean Ltd (operator) with 55% and Santos Group with the remaining 45%.
Operates 32 Offshore Rigs
- BP: 2017 'Massive' Year for Global Upstream Projects (Dec 07)
- BP Seeks Stake In Cairn Energy Senegal Assets (Nov 20)
- Officials: BP, Eni Interested In Developing Iraq's Majnoon Oilfield (Nov 20)
Company: Santos Ltd. more info
- Santos Seen Luring More Bids After Rejecting $7.2 Billion Offer (Nov 16)
- Australia's Santos Steps Up Effort To Avert LNG Export Curb (Aug 30)
- Australia Plans LNG Export Limits to Help Ease Local Price Pain (Apr 27)