Tokyo Gas Co. Inks Deal with North West Shelf LNG Consortium
Tokyo Gas Co., Ltd. President, Mitsunori Torihara and six sellers of the North West Shelf LNG singed a sale and purchase agreement today.
Tokyo gas and the six sellers have established a long-term relationship through LNG trade since 1989. Tokyo Gas and the six sellers have been discussing this sale and purchase agreement, based on the heads of agreement dated December 11, 2006, to succeed the current contract which will expire in March 2009, and reached the agreement today.
Tokyo Gas will purchase around 1.6 million tons of LNG per year from April 2009, including the LNG from North West Shelf expansion project from which Tokyo Gas has been importing LNG since fiscal year 2004.
This extension agreement with the North West Shelf LNG will contribute toward Tokyo Gas Co.'s stable procurement of LNG.
- ExxonMobil and BHP Greenlight Offshore Australia Project (Dec 13)
- Why Majors Will Take a Bigger Role in US Shale (Oct 29)
- Total Rules Out Investing In US Shale Oil After BP-BHP Deal (Aug 27)
Company: BP plc more info
- Eni Secures Two Deals for Oman Blocks (Jan 14)
- BP Plans to Drill 6 More Wells in Azerbaijan (Jan 10)
- GOM Subsea Contract Goes to TechnipFMC (Jan 09)
Company: Shell more info
- GOM Subsea Contract Goes to McDermott (Nov 27)
- Shell Exec Says Canada Pipeline Debacle Won't Affect LNG Decision (Sep 24)
- Silvertip Subsea Contract Goes to McDermott (Aug 07)
Company: Woodside more info
- Offshore Australia Contract Goes to KBR (Oct 11)
- Pipe Dream? Chevron, Woodside Vie to Shape Australia's LNG Sector (Jun 15)
- Chevron Unveils Shared Vision for North West Shelf Infrastructure Stimulus (May 16)
Company: Chevron Corporation more info
- Transocean Lands $830MM Rig Contract with Chevron (Dec 28)
- Premier Oil Eyes Bid for Chevron's North Sea Assets (Dec 13)
- Big Oil Battles Prolonged Gender Problem (Dec 04)
Company: Tokyo Gas more info
- Centrica, Tokyo Gas Join Anadarko's Mozambique LNG Project as Buyers (Jun 15)
- Tokyo Gas Gets Bangladesh LNG Terminal Feasibility Study Contract (Jul 27)
- PetroVietnam Gas, Tokyo Gas May Establish LNG JV in Vietnam (Jul 11)
Company: Japan Australia more info
- Australia's Browse FLNG JV Decides Not to Proceed with Development (Mar 23)
- NWS JV to Develop $2B Greater Western Flank Phase 2 Project Off Australia (Dec 11)
- NWS JV to Develop $1B Persephone Project Off Northwest Australia (Nov 27)