Lundin Gets PSA Nod for Drilling with Maersk Gallant
Lundin Norway AS has been granted consent to drill exploration well 2/5-14 S and drilling of sidetrack 2/5-14 A using the jackup Maersk Gallant.
The well is located in the southern North Sea approximately 255 km southwest of Egersund and has the following geographical coordinates:
- N 56 degrees 36' 25.9"
- E 03 degrees 26' 02.4"
Maersk Gallant is operated by Maersk Contractors Norge A/S. The facility received an Acknowledgement of Compliance in August 2007.
The drilling is planned to start in the middle of October 2008. The activity will have a duration of 100-124 days, including any production testing.
- Maersk Drilling to Sell Jackup (Nov 12)
- CEO: Maersk Drilling Strong Enough To Stand On Its Own After Listing (Aug 28)
- Maersk Drilling Lays Off Dozens in GOM (Jan 23)
Company: Lundin Petroleum AB more info
- Equinor, Partners to Develop Next Phase of Johan Sverdrup (Aug 27)
- Lundin Petroleum Raises Size Of Norway's Rolvsnes Oil Discovery (Aug 27)
- Output At Lundin's Grieg Field Back To Normal After Forties Outage (Dec 27)
Company: Petroleum Safety Authority Norway more info
- Watchdog: Cost Cuts Appear To Harm Norway Oil Industry Safety (Feb 20)
- Norway To Investigate Oil Industry Safety After Accidents Rise (Nov 29)
- PSA Asks Statoil Whether Recent Incidents Related To Cost Cutting (Oct 26)