Lundin Gets PSA Nod for Drilling with Maersk Gallant
Lundin Norway AS has been granted consent to drill exploration well 2/5-14 S and drilling of sidetrack 2/5-14 A using the jackup Maersk Gallant.
The well is located in the southern North Sea approximately 255 km southwest of Egersund and has the following geographical coordinates:
- N 56 degrees 36' 25.9"
- E 03 degrees 26' 02.4"
Maersk Gallant is operated by Maersk Contractors Norge A/S. The facility received an Acknowledgement of Compliance in August 2007.
The drilling is planned to start in the middle of October 2008. The activity will have a duration of 100-124 days, including any production testing.
Operates 5 Offshore Rigs
Manages 23 Offshore Rigs
- Maersk to Limit Investment in Energy Businesses until Separation (Dec 13)
- Maersk Oil Begins Culzean Drilling Campaign (Sep 29)
- Maersk Highlander Ready for Action (Aug 19)
Company: Lundin Petroleum AB more info
Operates 2 Offshore Rigs
- Sharp Fall In Applications For Norway's Arctic Oil Permits (Dec 05)
- Lundin Board Proposes Malaysia, France, Netherlands Asset Spin Off (Feb 13)
- Swedish Oil Firm Lundin Sees Output More Than Doubling Next Decade (Feb 01)
Company: Petroleum Safety Authority Norway more info
- Watchdog: Cost Cuts Appear To Harm Norway Oil Industry Safety (Feb 20)
- Norway To Investigate Oil Industry Safety After Accidents Rise (Nov 29)
- PSA Asks Statoil Whether Recent Incidents Related To Cost Cutting (Oct 26)