Aker to Deliver Process Systems for Brazilian Tupi Project
Aker Solutions has been awarded a contract with Modec for the delivery of topside Seawater Treatment and Sulphate Removal module for the "Tupi Pilot" project on the Brazilian Tupi field.
The scope of work for Aker Solutions will cover engineering, procurement and construction of a complete topside module that will be delivered 4Q/2009. Modec International LLC will own and operate the lease vessel on behalf of Petrobras.
"We are very pleased that Modec has awarded us a contract for the delivery of this type of topside equipment for the third time this year. This further emphasises our good relationship with Modec International LLC as a key client," said Lars Chr. Aga, Vice President of Aker Process Systems AS.
In April, Aker Solutions was awarded the Seawater Treatment and Sulphate Removal skid for the FPSO "Santos" offshore Brazil, and in August a dual module Seawater Treatment and Sulphate Removal unit was awarded for the FPSO "Jubilee" offshore Ghana - West Africa. The total contract value of these three awards for Aker Solutions is approximately NOK 320 million.
The sulphate removal technology provided by Aker Solutions, delivers treated and de-sulphated seawater for injection into the hydrocarbon reservoir to maintain the pressure in the reservoir and control scaling and souring effects in the reservoir. A high quality injection water devoid of sulphate and particles provides cost savings, as well as improving the safety aspect in the handling of the well stream.
The contract party is Aker Solutions' subsidiary Aker Process Systems AS.
- Oil May Bring 400,000 Jobs and $258B in Investments to Brazil (Jan 17)
- Petrobras Sells Rights in 37 Oilfields for $823MM (Nov 28)
- Brazil Subsea Pipeline Project Goes to McDermott (Nov 21)
Company: MODEC International more info
- Offshore Mexico FPSO Contract Goes to Modec (Oct 12)
- Shell Extends MODEC's Contract for FPSO Fluminense to December 2020 (Sep 02)
- Keppel's BrasFELS Completes Project for MODEC's FPSO (Jun 29)
Company: Aker Solutions more info
- More Layoffs on the Way for Aker Solutions (Aug 23)
- Aker Solutions Opens Upgraded Aberdeen Site (Apr 27)
- Aker BP Buys Hess' Norway Unit For $2B (Oct 24)