Aker to Deliver Process Systems for Brazilian Tupi Project
Aker Solutions has been awarded a contract with Modec for the delivery of topside Seawater Treatment and Sulphate Removal module for the "Tupi Pilot" project on the Brazilian Tupi field.
The scope of work for Aker Solutions will cover engineering, procurement and construction of a complete topside module that will be delivered 4Q/2009. Modec International LLC will own and operate the lease vessel on behalf of Petrobras.
"We are very pleased that Modec has awarded us a contract for the delivery of this type of topside equipment for the third time this year. This further emphasises our good relationship with Modec International LLC as a key client," said Lars Chr. Aga, Vice President of Aker Process Systems AS.
In April, Aker Solutions was awarded the Seawater Treatment and Sulphate Removal skid for the FPSO "Santos" offshore Brazil, and in August a dual module Seawater Treatment and Sulphate Removal unit was awarded for the FPSO "Jubilee" offshore Ghana - West Africa. The total contract value of these three awards for Aker Solutions is approximately NOK 320 million.
The sulphate removal technology provided by Aker Solutions, delivers treated and de-sulphated seawater for injection into the hydrocarbon reservoir to maintain the pressure in the reservoir and control scaling and souring effects in the reservoir. A high quality injection water devoid of sulphate and particles provides cost savings, as well as improving the safety aspect in the handling of the well stream.
The contract party is Aker Solutions' subsidiary Aker Process Systems AS.
Operates 34 Offshore Rigs
Manages 10 Offshore Rigs
- Exxon, Petrobras Form Alliance To Develop Oil, Gas Projects (Dec 14)
- Natural Gas In Petrobras Pipelines Up About 23% In 2017 (Dec 05)
- Petrobras CEO Says To Discuss Refining Partnership With CNPC CEO (Nov 15)
Company: MODEC International more info
- Shell Extends MODEC's Contract for FPSO Fluminense to December 2020 (Sep 02)
- Keppel's BrasFELS Completes Project for MODEC's FPSO (Jun 29)
- McDermott Joins 14 Other Offshore Firms to Establish Industry Standards (May 19)
Company: Aker Solutions more info
- Aker BP Buys Hess' Norway Unit For $2B (Oct 24)
- Aker Completes More Than Two-Thirds of Cost-Cutting Program (May 09)
- Aker Solutions Reduces Total Headcount by Almost 5,000 Since 2014 (Mar 30)