Algerian Output Unaffected by Earthquake
Algeria's oil exports and key production centers were not affected by Wednesday's earthquake, which measured 6.7 on the Richter scale. The epicenter of the quake was approximately 60 kilometers east of Algiers. It was nearest the port of Bejaia, but more than 200 kilometers from the oil export terminals at Skikda and Arzew. There has been no damage reported to any of the major loading ports or new southern oilfields. Algeria's oil and gas fields are situated in the southern interior but oil refining and exporting facilities are on the Mediterranean coast.
Production at joint-venture oilfields Ourhoud and Hassi Berkine in the southeastern that produce more than 500,000 bpd, has continued uninterrupted, partners Cepsa and Anadarko Petroleumsaid. "As far as we know there has been no disruption to any of our operations, or the pipelines or ports," an Anadarko spokewoman in London said.
A spokesman for Amerada Hess also said that the earthquake did not appear to have hit its 15,000 bpd El-Gassi field, which is also in the south. The rest of Algeria's up to 1.2 million bpd of crude oil production is from Sonatrach, most of it from the south-central Hassi Massoud field.
- Oil, Gas Leaders Warn Trump He Risks Harming Their Industry (Mar 16)
- Shale Producers Urge FERC To Deny White Cliffs Oil Pipeline's Fee Request (Feb 23)
- Mozambique Approves Anadarko's $20 Billion Natural Gas Plan (Feb 07)
Company: Hess Corporation more info
Operates 4 Offshore Rigs
- ExxonMobil, Hess Strike Lucky No. 7 Offshore Guyana (Feb 28)
- Hess Posts 13th Straight Quarterly Loss; Shares Dive (Feb 05)
- Hess Cutting Hundreds of Workers As It Battles Activist Investor (Jan 16)
Company: Sonatrach more info
- Executives: Algeria's Sonatrach, Italy's Saipem Agree To End Disputes (Feb 14)
- Algeria Sends More Oil To Cuba As Venezuelan Supplies Fall (Jan 10)
- Algeria's Shale Gas Plans Will Take Time, Require Tough Reforms (Dec 29)
Company: CEPSA more info
- Total, Shell, Eni Eligible to Bid for New Iran Oil, Gas Projects (Jan 03)
- Algeria Oil And Gas Output On The Rise (Jun 26)
- CEPSA Commences Drilling at Tarach-1 in Kenya Block 11A (Apr 15)