Toreador Identifies Six Prospects in the Western Black Sea
Toreador Resources has identified at least six gas prospects in the shallow-water western Black Sea. Toreador believes that these prospects have a per-prospect reserve potential ranging from 200 billion cubic feet to 1 trillion cubic feet. The reserve potential estimate is the result of a 2D seismic survey completed on four contiguous permits in 2002.
The company anticipates selecting two well locations, with drilling targeted to begin by early 2004. Toreador is operator and holds a 49% working interest in eight Black Sea permits. The Turkish national oil company, TPAO, holds the remaining interest.
- ZaZa, Toreador Finalize Merger (Feb 22)
- Toreador to Kick-Off French Shale Section Exploration (Oct 24)
- Toreador Comments on France's Fracking-Ban (Jul 06)
Company: TPAO more info
- KOGAS Says Starts Commercial Crude Oil Production in Iraq's Badra (Sep 01)
- Turkey's TPAO Signs $1.5B Deal To Buy Total's Stake In Azeri Gas Project (May 30)
- Turkey's TPAO Says In Talks With Exxon, OMV, MOL For Joint Oil Exploration (Feb 19)