Odfjell, Aibel Ink Cooperation Agreement for Drilling Upgrade Projects
Odfjell Drilling Technology AS (ODT) and Aibel AS have signed a strategic cooperation agreement that will enable the two companies to submit joint tenders for large scale EPCI drilling upgrade projects in Norway. The move provides the Norwegian market with a substantial player with the expertise, ability and credentials required to execute major projects of this kind.
"By combining the two companies' respective expertise within drilling and EPCI, we are creating a strong EPCI contractor for the Norwegian market," said Bjornar Iversen, Executive Vice President of Odfjell Drilling Technology AS and Jan Skogseth, President of Aibel AS.
The main aim of the collaboration is to be able to participate in the major EPCI projects of the future that StatoilHydro, ConocoPhillips and other operators are planning. The partnership will be able to offer what the operators demand -- the delivery of a complete drilling EPCI solution where:
- Aibel contributes its EPCI and project implementation expertise
Odfjell Drilling Technology AS, with its drilling-related operational understanding contributes engineering expertise, and expertise in the choice of equipment and configuration of drilling systems.
- ConocoPhillips Strikes First Oil at New Alaska Site (Oct 10)
- ConocoPhillips to Divest Timor Sea Acreage (Oct 01)
- KBR, ConocoPhillips to Develop Off-the-Shelf LNG Tech (Sep 18)
Company: Odfjell more info
- Odfjell Secures New Well Services Contracts (Sep 10)
- Odfjell Offshore Raising up to $500M to Develop Fleet (Mar 12)
- Odfjell Lands Record Breaking Deal with BP (Jan 11)
Company: StatoilHydro more info
- Samsung Heavy Industries Lands Statoil FSU Construction Contract (Sep 14)
- First Movers in Eco-Drilling: Going 'Dope'-less (Apr 25)
- StatoilHydro Delays Hammerfest LNG Start Up (Nov 23)