2H Offshore Commences Work for Transocean's Development Driller III Riser
2H Offshore recently commenced work for Transocean's Development Driller III riser 2H(DDIII).
2H is contracted to carry out an independent integrity assessment of the deepwater riser and will determine its operating capacities for a variety of Gulf of Mexico environmental conditions.
"We are excited to be working with Transocean on this high profile new-build project", said Pete Padelopoulous, Principal Engineer. "We are dedicated to deliver a quality product on time and within budget. I'm pleased to be working on this because it demonstrates that 2H's presence in the industry's drilling sector is expanding."
2H's experience and understanding of the CLIP drilling riser system and it's response from the ongoing monitoring of the DD2 drilling riser was a key factor in being selected to work on the DDIII which will operate at a depth of 7,500 feet.
"Preparing a riser to operate at that water depth is a challenge we gladly accept," said Mike Campbell, manager-engineering projects. "2H has a great depth of experience and talent working in this arena, so we are eager to show off our abilities."
The DDIII is scheduled to be completed at the end of October this year.
- Offshore Brazil Contract Extension Goes to Transocean (Sep 28)
- Transocean Wins Multi-well NCS Contract for New Semisub (Sep 21)
- Driller Transocean Eyes Improved Lease Rates, Activity In 2019 (Sep 05)
Company: 2H Offshore more info
- 2H Offshore Expands Malaysia & Australia Presence, May Recruit Engineering (Dec 04)
- 2H Offshore Wins Detailed Design Project with LLOG (Mar 01)
- 2H Offshore Completes CVA Work at Mirage (Apr 09)